The Opportunity – Project Officer
Contract Duration: 36 month
Contract type: National
In alignment with Save the Children (SCI) and donor policies and regulations, the Project Officer is responsible for the active daily follow-up of project activities ensuring results-based management is integrated along with proper effective and efficient consideration of project’s constraints of time, budget and quality.
The Project Officer will perform the work in close coordination with the relevant stakeholders. The Officer is expected to support ensuring the integration of evidence-based approach, community based response and the contribution to the realization of project benefits through the appropriate engagement of partners and beneficiaries in a participatory way. The Officer will work in cooperation with other thematic areas to provide support as needed. She/he will work closely with the partners and Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team to ensure that monitoring plans are in place, and feedback and reports are generated in timely manner and to the highest quality standard.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Key Area 1: Project Implementation
- Oversee daily direct and indirect project activities design and implementation in accordance with the project plans, and ensure the progress of project achievements is being made within time, budget, and quality metrics.
- Lead preparation of project sub-award amendments ensuring full adherence to SCI policies and regulations, as well as donor procedures and regulations.
- Work in close coordination with projects’ partners to develop project detailed implementation, financial, procurement plans, and any other required documents.
- Support the collaboration to perform integrated programme interventions with other programme sectors where appropriate.
- Contribute to proposal development processes in terms of preparing activities’ descriptions, implementation plans and budget development.
- Participate in developing needed assessments and reports as needed in coordination with other SC team and partners; ensuring that activities are responsive to children’s needs and in line with SCI’s principles, values, and strategic plan, and compliant with SCI’s procedures and policies.
Key Area 2: Partner Management
- Assist in management of project implementation with project partners, ensuring that proposed results are achieved on time, within budget, and in compliance with donor regulations
- Coordinate with implementing partner to ensure that the projects activities in each results area are implemented in accordance with the project proposal and agreement.
- Work with partner to develop activities implementation plans.
- Ensure regular review of partner progress against the budget and work plan, and support partner to alter activities/strategies in light of context changes or operational challenges.
- Coordinate with partner teams, SC supply chain departments on procurement to ensure the quality of supplied materials and services.
- Conduct regular meetings with the project partner and follow up, draft, and ensure submission of all reports required from the local partners, within the developed monitoring systems, on time (per deadline).
- Make sure that the implementing partner understand and comply with Save the Children’s policies and procedures with respect to CP code of conduct, child safeguarding and other relevant policies.
Key Area 3: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- In collaboration with MEAL team, assist in the development of MEAL plan and tools, ensuring adequate Monitoring, evaluation, Accountability (to beneficiaries and donors) and Learning activities are implemented.
- Monitor project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework.
- Conduct field visits to verify project activities are implemented according to contractual targets and up to quality standards.
- Participate actively in the overall project monitoring and evaluation process in coordination with the project partner.
- Assist in developing timely and high quality progress and final reports for external and internal use according to timelines agreed upon and procedures. These should be results-based and demonstrate progress against agreed indicators.
- Ensure appropriate, timely, and accurate data collection against the agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
- Work with team and local partner in monitoring the project impact and effectiveness
- Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
- Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to contribute to internal and external sector learning.
- Ensure adequate filing for the entire project documents.
Key Area 4: Humanitarian Preparedness and Response
- Play an active role in responding to new humanitarian crises in the designated areas of operation in line with SCI’s Humanitarian Response Management Standards, following the stipulated procedural steps, in line with SCI’s full-spectrum approach to programming.
- Provide technical support and specific context information relevant to the designated areas of operation and scope of intervention.
- Perform assigned tasks per the designed response.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University Degree -BA in health, public health, nutrition or any related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in project management with/in INGOs and preferably working with children (planning, implementation, M&E and closure).
- Experience of and commitment to working through formal and informal systems and ensuring community participation and accountability.
- Strong knowledge and expertise of grant management with adherence to donors’ regulations financially and technically in detail-oriented manner.
- Proven experience of managing relationships in local organizations with numerous stakeholders in different locations.
- Proven capacity to write clear, well-argued assessments and project reports.
- A valid driving licence.
- 3 years of experience working on mother and child health or nutrition programmes including health in an emergency context.
- Proven experience implementing child nutrition programmes through community mechanisms.
- Ability to identify the main needs and gaps in mother and child health and nutrition programming in the given context to inform a holistic response for children.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes difficult working circumstances.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة