ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Gaza Project Officer for 12 months period.
The post location is Gaza.
Start Date: Immediately.
The objective of this position is to ensure efficient field implementation, documentation, monitoring and evaluation, partner coordination is all fulfilled under the supervision of ActionAid Palestine Senior Programme Officer, based in Gaza.
The key responsibilities areas for this position will be as follows:
- Implement, monitor and evaluate project/s activities in accordance with ActionAid policies and procedures.
- Contribute to development of annual and monthly plans together with projected spending and monitor progress against this plan closely.
- Ensure that activities are taking place on time and in accordance with the budget and work plan whilst maximizing the benefit of the project for the community.
- Ensure proper financial process in all procurements related to the programme are adhering to AAP financial policies and procedures.
- Facilitate field level activities e.g. initiatives, awareness raising sessions, trainings…etc in coordination with local partners, youth and women groups and or committees.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field and ensure all forms of monitoring are documented.
- Ensure coordination with local/national partners, participate in all meetings, keep minutes and follow up the implementation of action follow ups as required.
- Ensure compliance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework, risk management matrix and donor guidelines.
- Ensure that narrative and financial progress reports are submitted on time to the Senior Programme Officer.
- Facilitate and organize communities, women and youth groups/committees for Participatory Review and Reflection Process at community and cluster level.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business administration, Development Studies or Management.
- At least 3-year experience in a multi-culture working environment.
- Experience in implementation of development projects and in undertaking monitoring, evaluation activities.
- Very good understanding of Human Rights Based Approach, women's rights, as well as community-based initiatives.
- Good knowledge of finance and accounting systems.
- Excellent planning, organization, time management, and coordination.
- Strong leadership and facilitation capacity.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Travel frequently within Gaza.
Indicative salary range: ILS 58,646.00 to ILS 76,437.00 gross per annum.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 11 July 2020 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.