Project officer of Food Security, Livelihoods and Development (FSL&D) department:
Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project officer
Contract Period: 12 months, with possibility of extension(s).
Location: Beit Jala
Starting date: No later than 23rd March 2020.
The project officer will be responsible of facilitating the implementation of the project that promotes food security, livelihoods, and the preservation of Al-Makhrour area in Beit Jala. The position includes coordination with local actors and of work on the technical tasks of the project implementation. He / she will assist the head of FSL&D department in his tasks and reporting directly to him, keep track of the logical framework, timetables, monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of it.
- Participate in drafting documents such as raising awareness materials, official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and schedules;
- Write and submit the required reports related to the implemented strategy;
- Coordinate internally with Caritas staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities planned;
- Coordinate externally with beneficiaries, local stakeholders, and consultancy services;
- Follow up on the scheduled activities, i.e. training, coaching, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Ensure timely data collection and filing of necessary documents related to M&E plan;
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Head of FSL&D department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required education and competencies:
- At least bachelor degree in related field;
- Would be an asset demonstrated knowledge and experience in international cooperation projects;
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office software, email, internet, spreadsheets;
- High-level communication, social and networking skills;
- Confidential handling of data and information;
- Willingness and skills to work as a team member;
- Willingness to work in different Caritas Jerusalem offices located in Jerusalem & Ramallah;
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Arabic and English skills speaking, reading and writing.
- Candidates must have a valid driving license.
- Preference will be given to Bethlehem area residents.
Please note that candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, March 13th, 2020, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.