MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution, established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN Development Center in partnership with NPA is currently implementing the Promoting Crisis preparedness and protection in the Gaza strip . Therefore, MA’AN is looking for qualified Project Officer to handle the below responsibilities.
Contract Type: Limited period HR contract
Contract Duration: 7.5 months
Immediate Superior: Project Coordinator
- Work within the framework of partner and represent CPP project efficiently.
- Act as an ambassador for partner and NPA, through professionalism and conduct.
- Maintain and care for all equipment as issued by NPA.
- Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care.
- Ensure a safe workplace and protect all staff and equipment from damage/ injury.
- Facilitate all needs requested by NPA to conduct the CPP ToT Trainings for elementary and secondary school project activities.
- Assist in the training, management, and supervision CPP ToT.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports, collect and analyze data as tasked by the NPA.
- Assist in managing, overseeing and coordinating all activities within the assigned CPP project.
- Contribute to the formulation of the project fieldwork plans, organize and archive properly.
- Work with school principals and teachers to develop their understanding of the CPP project.
- Develop and strengthen understanding of the project management cycle and project implementation plan with project staff and partners.
- Complete monthly budget projections, track expenditures and report directly to NPA.
- Procurement of project equipment and materials (in coordination with the Logistics Officer/Assistant where applicable).
- Arrange for delivery of CPP equipment and material to participating schools, ensure the delivery time is precise and that stores are managed properly.
- Coordinate with MoE and ensure a good relationship within MoE Directorate and schools’ principles.
- Follow up on logistics issues at the project location and ensure assets are being utilized responsibly.
- Supervise the project staff and guide the implementation plan, set performance appraisals for all direct staff.
- Visit operation locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes.
- A Regular visit to the operation site to ensure and document usage of the provided material.
- Conduct Quality Control (QC) visits to CPP field projects.
- Responsible for consolidating the data collected by field officers, editing and data validation then send to NPA.
- Ensure accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative monitoring information.
- Submit regular reports to NPA, including ad hoc reporting as requested by the NPA Project Officer or CPP Regional Programme Manager.
- Provide quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to the project team, stakeholders, and NPA.
- Report any problems encountered in the field or staff issues.
- Any other reasonable task, conducive to the safe and efficient running of the programme, as detailed by NPA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Must have a BA or BSc degree or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with the NGO sector in Palestine and related project.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Excellent computer skills, writing and communication skills.
- High motivation and excellent work ethic, both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission must be delivered before 04:00 pm , 5TH October 2019