CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Project Officer is under Livelihood Program Manager, s/he also works in close cooperation with all the team, as in the following:
- Provide the technical and administrative follow-up and monitoring of the day-to-day activities of the Livelihood Project.
- Prepare detailed and effective Livelihood Project’s action plan with close coordination with the project partner.
- Develop the necessary administrative procedures to effectively achieve the Livelihood Project’s deliverables and outcomes.
- Ensure all the Livelihood Project’s activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to SIF rules and regulations.
- Plan and conduct field visits, as required, to ensure proper implementation of activities on the ground;
- Coordinate the Livelihood Project’s activities with other entities involved in the same type/s of activities, as required;
- Assist the Livelihood Program Manager in preparing progress, final and any other reports related to the Livelihood Project, as requested;
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the Livelihood Project;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in Business Administration, Agriculture, rural development, environmental science or a related fields and equivalent work experience;
- At least 3 years experiences in the related field;
- Multidisciplinary approach: intervention capacity with the different strand of action (Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development);
- Data collection, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Management and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic & English, French is desirable;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment;
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently.
Taking initiative, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 11 months.
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Project Officer: (Ref #: 2019/05/LPO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 16th May 2019 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer