Posting Title : Project Manager(infrastructure sector)-For Internal &
External-Limited Duration Contract ( LDC)-Area Office Jerusalem-Project Funded- Grade,,G
Job Code Title : Project Manager
Department/ Office : UNRWA - Programme Infrastructure/Engineering
Location : JERICHO
Posting Period : 9 February 2022-20 February 2022
Job Opening number : 22-HRE-Icip-Ofc Of Ch ICIP-172647-R-JERICHO (E)
Staffing Exercise : N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
The incumbent is responsible to the Construction Engineer.
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent is responsible for plans, directs and coordinates a major project or a sizable portfolio of projects ensuring their successful implementation as per plans, time schedule and budget. In particular the incumbent:
- Acquaints him/herself with the Financing Agreement signed between the Donor and UNRWA and all its integral parts and prepare all the project documentation with regard to schedule, budget and project set-up; develop the Project Implementation Plan and update it regularly ensuring that UNRWA rules and regulations on technical matters as related to the project are applied.
- Reviews, controls, keeps and makes sure of validity and correctness of all project(s) documentation with regard to time schedule, budget and organization; develops the Projects Implementation Plans and updates it regularly ensuring that UNRWA rules and regulations on technical matters as related to the project are applied.
- Provides overall supervision to the team(s), including planning, participation in recruitment and development, as and where applicable, and contractors to make sure that standards of building, performance, costs, time schedules and safety are maintained; responsible for scope management and change control.
- Prepares Project(s) risk management plans; ensures their appropriate observation during the project(s) implementation; responsible for quality planning, assurance and control. • Is responsible for contract administration including certifying schedules for labour and equipment; conducting site meeting; identification and preparation of draft variation orders; carrying out analysis and making recommendations on construction claims and making sure that the contractor meets contractual requirements of safety, environment and health, insurance and security deposits/guarantees.
- maintains effective relationships with internal and external project stakeholders including donors, the local authorities, other UN Agencies and NGOs for the advancement of the project, in particular.
- Facilitates visits by donor representatives and other external interlocutors to the Project(s) area in coordination with the Projects office, External Relations and Communication Department.
- Ensures effective project visibility from an Agency and donor perspective.
- Liaises with UNRWA safety and security regarding security matters.
- Monitors and controls financial expenditure of the project(s) in coordination with Finance Dept., ensuring commitment to the donor and other requirements; provides timely advice to supervisor.
- Measures implemented quantities and keeps relevant records; checks and certifies correctness of interim and final payments.
- Devises and maintains a proper tracking system for all payments to and from the project.
- Prepares reports on project progress, site meetings and achievements as well as good Practices, evaluation and lessons learned.
- Lead the Site Engineers, to ensure proper supervision and quality control of the construction works and administering contracts and ensure regular site visits are conducted. Oversee the validity and accuracy of bills of quantities and financial accounts for work executed. Carry out the duties of the Director of Works. Provide sign off on final taking-over by the UNRWA Departments/Programmes of the completed maintenance projects.
- Ensure that all As-built drawings are submitted by the end of the project to ICID – HQ (Jerusalem) including all changes and modifications carried out on the Agency Premises, together with all buried services. • performs such other duties as may be required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Conditions of service:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below