Project Manager – Fortifying the Palestinian Medical Sector
(Location: Ramallah Office)
Reports to: Sr. Director of Field Operations
Target Start Date: February 1, 2022
Position Type: Fulltime fixed term contract with health benefits – approximately 16 months
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
United Palestinian Appeal (UPA) www.upaconnect.org is seeking an experienced non-profit professional to serve as the project manager of a major health sector project in the occupied Palestinian territories. This project will entail subawards to local UPA health sector partners for the purposes of equipment procurement, the direct procurement and distribution of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals, and the provision of staff trainings to hospital personnel. UPA will look to this individual to lead all project implementation activities in accordance with UPA and donor requirements, the project logical framework, and the project budget and implementation plan. Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Lead the implementation of the project activities and ensure partner grants are implemented smoothly and in accordance with the project objectives.
- Coordinate effectively with the project stakeholders, UPA staff and partners.
- Drive the selection of local health sector partners for select project activity tracks, in accordance with pre-defined criteria
- Serve as the primary point of contact to local health sector partners and project vendors
- Drive the development of UPA contracts with health sector partners and with pharmaceutical and medical supply vendors, in collaboration with relevant colleagues
- Lead all project procurement processes and review procurement materials for accuracy and completeness; ensure timely execution of vendor contracts
- Liaise with UPA communications personnel to ensure the timely completion and printing of project visibility materials
- Submit regular project reports to the Sr. Director of Field Operations and first drafts of donor grant reports as required
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of all project reporting materials (M&E data from partners, project beneficiary interviews, satisfaction surveys, photos and videos, etc.)
- Track burn rates for project activities monthly.
- Ensure all project activities are in compliance with UPA’s and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Work closely with the UPA program managers, finance, and administration staff to ensure successful implementation of activities.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Based in Ramallah
- Superior management, leadership, organizational, and communications skills
- At least 10 years of project management, financial management and procurement experience,
- Previous experience in health sector project management will be viewed favorably
- M&E experience (at least working knowledge of M&E practices)
- Fluency in Arabic and English written and oral communications
- Ability to quickly grasp new subject areas and to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in MS word and excel
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Project Manager Application in the subject line. The deadline for applications is January 12, 2022, at 11:59pm Palestine Time.
United Palestinian Appeal (UPA) www.upaconnect.org is a 501(c) (3) New York-registered non-profit organization, with headquarters in Washington, DC, and works in the occupied Palestinian territories and refugee camps in Jordan and Lebanon. Established in 1978 by Palestinian-American professionals, UPA was conceived as a non-political, non-sectarian organization that would help Palestinians meet their relief and development needs.