The purpose of the position is to manage a project funded from ECHO under the Education in Emergency (EIE) sector. Through this funding, World Vision JWG is implementing an 24 months project targeting 41 schools across the West Bank- Area C in Yatta, Bethlehem, Nablus, Jenin, Tubas, Ramallah and Dura. The project will be implemented in partnership with War Child Holland. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to improved resilience of boys and girls affected by conflict and insecurity by enabling education to provide life-sustaining and life- saving physical, psychosocial and cognitive support. The project will focus on 2 main outputs which are; children in targeted areas (Areas B & C) have improved access to quality education, psychosocial support (PSS and Child Protection (CP) services at school and community level; and Children are protected against hazards and conflict in a safe and protected learning environment.
Coordinate, organize, follow up and supervise the implementation of the ECHO funded project
- Supervise and ensure proper implementation, in coordination with all partners and stakeholders, of activities designed under the project.
- Adhere to donor’s requirements (financial and operational) throughout the implementation period
- Coordinate with zonal offices across the West Bank- mainly education team and Zonal managers, regarding the implementation of the activities.
- Conduct meetings with stakeholders, partners, staff, and beneficiaries at field level to ensure proper implementation of activities
- Draw lesson learned from field and adjust to the implementation plan when needed and appropriate, while adhering to the overall design of the project.
- Attend ECHO meetings when required
Communication, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with the M&E staff to supervise the use of monitoring tools, including tracking process indicators and reviewing monitoring data. Address issues and adapt program when necessary
- Write project progress reports and prepare annual plans and budgets for the project in coordination with WCH
Coordination and Networking
- Ensure proper coordination and networking with the project partners and stakeholders including War Child, Ministry of Education, village councils, OCHA-EiE cluster and others
- Ensure proper technical coordination with Education Lead throughout the implementation period
- Ensure better coordination with zonal offices across the West Bank for the sake of activities implementation
- Ensure proper coordination with GAM lead, especially in terms of Support Office (SO) and donor relations and compliance with donor requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree/background in Education, Development, Psychology or other related field. A degree in Project Management Cycle is an asset
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience in managing grants specifically EU and ECHO grants
- Experienced in developing M&E tools, quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience in project management cycle
- Experience in managing project related to Education in Emergency, psychosocial support, and school preparedness
- Understanding of humanitarian relief, recovery, and development work
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office and other applications
- Very good Command of Spoken and written English
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults.