Job Title: Project Manager
Type of Contract: National Personnel Service agreement
Duty Station: Ramallah
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and performance.
Closing Date: Apply before 11:59 pm 21 November 2022
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations. UNDP Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978 to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end.
UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience and sustainability at the center of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in four thematic areas: democratic governance and the rule of law; economic empowerment and private sector development; environment and management of natural resources; and public and social infrastructure.
The Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) for inclusiveness, Democratic Governance and Human Rights project is designed to actively contribute to democratic governance and protection of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt). The project promotes a more active and effective engagement of CSOs in governance and policy dialogue, improving their quality of action and accountability in front of partners and constituencies, and for strengthening cooperation with public authorities at the local and national levels. Moreover, this project will provide a democratic space in supporting networks, unions and platforms for CSOs to define their specific role and exercise their functions accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring effective project management by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, financial and administrative outputs, while tracking the project’s progress through monitoring, evaluation.
- Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Preparation and finalization of Project related reports as well as Corporate reports.
- Knowledge sharing and other relevant responsibilities pertaining to the implementation of assigned activities and contribution to the office’s overall programmatic initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Project Manager will undertake the following functions:
Ensuring effective project management by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, financial and administrative outputs, while tracking the project’s progress through monitoring, evaluation:
- Implement and manage the project on a day-to-day basis, coordinate the implementation of the respective activities based on the relevant project document, including, as needed, supervision and guidance of other project staff, consultants and experts with a view to achieving project results;
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of planned project activities;
- Develop comprehensive/detailed project work-plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and set-out corresponding milestones;
- Monitor the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules, review the work- plans and set deadlines, and monitor the financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Mobilize goods and services to support project activities, including Call for Proposals, drafting TORs and works/product requirements and specifications;
- Manage and monitor project risks initially identified, submitting information on the new risks and possible mitigating measures to the Project Board for consideration and updating the status of these risks by maintaining a Project Risk Log;
- Assume responsibilities in line with the office Internal Control Framework and act as a `first authority` for Project transactions;
- Ensure the adherence of project activities to the existing financial, procurement and administrative processes that are in line with prevailing UNDP rules and regulations and, at the same time, observethe project timelines;
- Ensure that gender Equity is pursued in all project activities and reflected in work plans, budgets, reports, research, analyses and, where relevant, analyzed in detail;
- Ensure that accessibility for persons with disabilities is reflected in all project activities;
- Consult regularly with other UNDP projects and programs on related activities, where synergies are possible.
Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders, focusing on achievement of the following:
- Maintain strong relationships with the implementing partners, line ministries and other relevant partners and donors;
- Manage the contractual agreements with implementing partners;
- Maintain regular coordination and quality assurance of expert inputs and products, as well as among project partners to ensure coherence and complementarity of project activities;
- Identify opportunities for deepening the cooperation and recommending adequate approaches to dealing with different stakeholders based on information on all relevant stakeholders gathered during projects’ implementation;
- Maintain regular communication on relevant project issues with the local and international counterparts, consultants and experts and ensuring quality and timely delivery of all agreed outputs;
- Engage with groups and communities in project activities to reflect their needs and elements of success to the planned interventions.
- Communicate project goals and activities clearly to both stakeholders and the wider public.
Preparation and finalization of the reporting, focusing on the achievement of the following:
- Prepare project progress and ad hoc reports (progress against planned activities, update on risks issues, expenditures…) and ensure timely submission of the reports to the project board and relevant donor(s). The developed reports are expected to be of good quality with proper analysis of the results.
- Assist in periodical corporate reporting, including Atlas quarterly progress and ROAR;
- Develop presentations and other materials as required.
- Update and file the relevant documentation in line with PAPP filling guidelines.
Knowledge sharing and other relevant responsibilities pertaining to the project implementation and contribution to the office’s overall programmatic initiatives, focusing on the achievement of the following:
- Ensure compilation and synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices throughout project implementation;
- Support the strategic sharing of relevant knowledge and information gathered throughout the project implementation phase, in close collaboration with the Communications & Partnerships Specialist;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Actively commit to learning for advancing professional skills and career.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Achieve Results: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
Think Innovatively: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
Learn Continuously: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
Adapt with Agility: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
Act with Determination: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
Engage and Partner: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Experience:
Min. Education requirements:
Master’s degree in Governance, Public Administration, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, or related fields OR
Bachelor’s Degree in Governance, Public Administration, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, or related fields with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
Min. years of relevant work experience:
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree in managing development projects, including financial, budget, risk, staff, as well as quality management
Proven experience in working with the Civil Society Organizations (CSO’s) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and bilateral and multilateral donors is required.
Experience in project management (including results-based management, finance, HR, and procurement) is required.
Excellent use of project management software and Microsoft applications is required.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures would be an asset.
Previous experience with international (public or private sector) organizations is desirable.
Previous experience working with Human Rights, as well as Youth and Women Serving Civil Society Organizations is desirable.
Fluency in both English and the Arabic language.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below