Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to (Hierarchically): Head of Gaza Office
Strong functional link with: Collaborate with Palestine/ Jordan delegation team
Salary level: Entry level Grade 5 B
Working time in %: 100%
Supervises (Number of subordinates): Direct: 1 Indirect: 0
Work location: (Country + city): Gaza- Palestine
Job description valid from: June 2022, 10 months contract
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading worldwide reference on child protection, which accumulates over 40 years of experience in the Palestinian context. Tdh aims at contributing to developing and improving child protection systems, including within the humanitarian sector. Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research, and quality and accountability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children. Responding to humanitarian crisis in Gaza, jointly with OXFAM, and funded by the Humanitarian Aid department of the European Commission (ECHO), Tdh is implementing interventions including provision of protection services to vulnerable people with protection concern. The Protection components will involve the provision of case management and comprehensive package of MHPSS services.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with partners and children and their families to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible to fulfill target group’s needs. The project manager will receive technical support from the Gaza Head of Office, and Jordan/Palestine Tdh coordination teams.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
- Coordinate internal resources and partners for the execution of project
- Ensure that the project activities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Re-plan as necessary involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using M&E and learning following Tdh and donor standards
- Report on a monthly and quarterly basis following Tdh standards and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the partners, children and families
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on Budget re-planning, monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Participate as an active member in regular internal coordination meetings, in which s/he presents a detailed review of current achievements, challenges faced and options considered for the project;
- Develop and maintain liaisons with relevant ministries and entities in order to facilitate work development progress;
- Regular attendance of Tdh in relevant Cluster meetings at local level and that a proper dataflow/information restitution within the office, and with others departments in the delegation where appropriate, is done;
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend capacity building opportunities as required to maintain proficiency
- Support formulation /planning of other project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ensure child meaningful participation in the project
- Provides technical support and guidance to the project team and partners as necessary following child protection standards and project related thematic such as cash based, etc.
- Identify the most appropriate and secure delivery mechanisms to implement Cash support
- Support Case management knowledge and practice
- Review project and activities as necessary to include gender, disability and child protection minimum standards in all Tdh activities.
- Promote and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Terre des hommes Palestine. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Tdh’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Is aware of, abides by and promotes the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies;
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job.
Reporting & Communication
- Produce and submit a monthly report and contribute to quarterly reports.
- Produce case studies and success stories of children and families benefited from the Project Activities
- In collaboration with the Tdh staff, provide regular internal and external communication products focusing on the impact of protection, Twitter and Facebook MENA webpages, etc.
- Proper and regular documentation of all project activities in the Gaza Strip and monthly management of sources of verification.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) as well as Professional Competencies
- Committed and self-motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communicates skills: in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Shares knowledge Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
- Pays attention to the best practices and develops the professional practices related to the field of work or area of responsibility
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Project Manager is expected to have the following competencies to fulfil his or her responsibilities
and to achieve the desired results:
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s level qualification in appropriate field of social science studies, preferably social work, sociology, psychology, or other related field of studies
- Equivalent work experience, at least 6 years
- Proven working experience in project management
- Working experience in similar assignment within INGO/civil society organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Sound knowledge of budget planning, execution, monitoring and reporting
- Knowledge of and experience in child protection is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimum level of supervision
- Demonstrated experience in working in partnership with local partners, experience in capacity building, training development and facilitation in areas of project implementation
- Arabic and English fluent
- Understanding of inclusion related issues such as gender, child, disability, etc.
- Valid driving license
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter in English and should be sent to the following e-mail address indicating the position title: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is June 20, 2022 at 04:00 pm.
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
- The subject of the email should clearly state: Job application- Project Manager