Project Manager "Green Gaza" (m/f/x) - Gaza, Palestine
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is currently developing a new cooperation program for Palestine. This program will on the one hand build on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand will also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros.
The new portfolio is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026). Signing is planned for the end of 2021, so that implementation can start in early 2022. An indicative budget of 70 million euros is proposed for the 2022-26 program, which will partly continue to build on the current projects.
The new portfolio, which has the motto “Empowered youth in an environmentally sustainable Palestine”, will focus on 2 pillars: young people and their broad development and, on the other hand, the environment - in its broad sense. By doing so, the program wants to make maximum use of the future prospects of young people, in terms of broad training, education and employment - with a strong gender dimension and a focus on the most vulnerable. In addition to this, the new program wants to go for sustainability, environmentally friendly solutions, climate adaptation and mitigation.
As part of the elaboration of the new program, we are looking for a project manager who will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the “Environment” pillar of the new governmental program - the overall objective of which will be that “The Palestinian people use the opportunities of a sustainable living environment”.
Main duties of the Project Manager:
• You are responsible for the good execution of the project (content, planning, budget, quality) in order to reach sustainable development results;
• You coordinate the realisation of the activities with a view of achieving the projects objectives;
• You support the persons indicated to lead the change process;
• You contribute to capacity development of various partner organisations and participate actively to the coherence and coordination between different donors and agencies, non-governmental actors, research institutes in climate actions and green and circular economy;
• You coordinate the learning process on how a project contributes to the development of the sector;
• You lead the teams placed under your hierarchical responsibility;
• You contribute to the recruitment of needed technical experts for the project;
• You ensure that relevant results information is available for monitoring and evaluation in order to allow monitoring of performance, decision-making, learning and reporting.
• You ensure close coordination with similar projects taking place in the West Bank, to maximize the use of mutual resources and expertise.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience
• You hold a Master’s degree in environment development, civil engineering, development studies, or any other field;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in steering international development projects;
• Relevant experience in the field of environment and/or green entrepreneurship;
• Relevant experience of policy support and technical dialogue at a higher level. Experience with the local public sector is an asset;
• An experience as team manager;
• Experience in several projects is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of aspects of international development (context, challenges, application, partners, functioning…);
• In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies;
• Thorough knowledge of one or several specific areas of expertise related to the field of environment and/or green entrepreneurship;
• Monitoring and evaluation competences;
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
• Comfortable with leading groups dynamics and inter-culturalism;
• Pro-active results-oriented management ;
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• A fascinating and exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract of 58 months. You are based in Gaza.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and benefits. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognized experience for the function.
The various amounts vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function and family composition.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply online through Apply Now-button below.
at the latest by 10/04/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.