Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent Organization, founded in Middle governorate - Gaza Strip in 2000. POD works toward social-economic development to perform positive changes in the human life.
POD in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) starts a program entitled “Envision Gaza 2020”, USAID-funded project, to implement two key activities which aims: (1) to support Palestinian families in Gaza become more resilient to everyday stresses and rebound more quickly from crises, including COVID-19, and (2) Connecting unemployed participants with on-the-job training opportunities with host employers. This includes 3-month unskilled or low-skilled workers placements and/or 4-month internships or apprenticeships for skilled university or vocational graduates, respectively.
As a result, POD intends to recruit for the following position:
Project Manager (PM)
Title: Project Manager (PM) - Full-Time
Place: POD Office, Deir Al Balah
Period: 6 months
Reports to: Executive Director
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall management of the project, including timely implementation, budget management, staff management, capacity building, and staff career development;
- Ensure that the scope of the project is maintained in all phases;
- Create and implement detailed work plans needed to successfully complete the project;
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards;
- Deliver timely and high-quality progress and technical reports on the project for POD management, and donors in close collaboration with program staff and Executive Manager;
- Conduct periodical field visits to verify project activities are implemented according to contractual targets;
- Ensure that all subordinates have clearly defined objectives and understand their responsibilities;
- Establish result-based work planning and follow up system;
- Foster a learning environment for supervised staff, including motivating and monitoring their professional development through annual performance and capacity development planning;
- Ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for program staff;
- Encourage a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation;
- Provide support and input for the advocacy work related to the program;
- Lead the development of communication and visibility materials for the program;
- Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled;
- Contribute to the strengthening of the organizational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with POD Humanitarian Preparedness standard by following the preparedness steps outlined in CRS Preparedness Procedure;
- Play an active role in responding to new humanitarian crises in the designated areas of operation in line with POD Humanitarian Response Management standard, following the stipulated procedural steps, in line with CRS full-spectrum approach to programming;
- Supervise documentation of all activities of the program and maintenance of an efficient program filing system including all program related documents;
- Perform any other tasks required by Management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology or other related field;
- Minimum Five years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of development, preferably with USAID-funded projects. Significant experience working on humanitarian assistance, livelihoods projects required;
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance;
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural);
- Professional level in both Arabic and English language skills;
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
المسمى الوظيفي Project Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 02 - Oct - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني إدارة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application:
Applicants have to sign in using their preferred Gmail account.
- Deadline for submitting applications, 04:00 PM, Saturday, 2-OCT-2021.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Palestinian Organization for Development (POD)