Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Hebron (80%)/ Ramallah (20%)
Contract Duration: 24 months
Starting Date: ASAP
The Palestine Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of “Project Manager”.
The Palestinian Information Technologies Association (PITA) in partnership with the Fundación Alianza por los Derechos, la Igualdad y la Solidaridad Internacional (ApS) will implement a project titled “Women and Youth Transforming Local Public Services in Hebron”, under the thematic programme “Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) as Actors of Governance and Development Work in the Field”, funded by the European Commission.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the role of invulnerable groups as actors for change in local development processes for a more equal, open, and democratic society in Palestine. The specific objective of the project is to build the capacity of a range of CBOs and CSOs in Hebron for them to contribute meaningfully and to be more accessible and responsive to women and youth needs and interests in public services. Through the effort to build the capacity of a range of CBOs led by women and youth, they can bring their work to a wider audience, increasing the political and social scope and impact of their work at the local level and building relationships between local public institutions and CSOs. This increases mutual understanding and trust, fosters active CSO participation in governance processes, monitors policies and services, and increases public access to official information and channels their views.
Background on PITA
Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 150 member companies working in different ICT sectors such as software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
PITA and ApS are committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. PITA and ApS expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The Project Manager is responsible for implementation and management of the project, where he/she will be responsible for full oversight and implementation of the project in coordination with the project consortium.
Reporting Line: The Project Manager is responsible for the Gender Expert, Field Coordinator, Finance Manager, Administration Assistant, Communications and Advocacy Officer, and the IT Expert. The Project Manager will report to the Steering Committee.
Main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure direct implementation and supervision of the project:
- Developing a detailed implementation plan for the project.
- Responsible for accomplishing project goals and objectives required within constraints, such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
- Ensuring the timely and quality delivery of planned project activities.
- Observing the work-plans and set deadlines.
- Ensuring project’s quality assurance and its adherence to frameworks, donor regulations, and that all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Coordinating with the Gender Expert, Field Coordinator, Finance Manager, Administration Assistant, Communications and Advocacy Officer, and the IT Expert.
- Ensure monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the project:
- Monitoring the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules.
- Responsible for monitoring of the financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Reporting against the main indicators of the project.
- Reviewing all the studies, reports, baseline study and visibility actions in order to respond to international standards and ensure quality.
- Preparing and reviewing submissions and reports required by the project consortium.
- Taking part in field visits to see project implementation first hand.
- Systematic reporting to the Steering Committee on the project.
- Ensuring coordination and external relations of the project:
- Ensuring good and systematic communication with relevant local authorities and project stakeholders.
- Ensuring compliance with and respecting the Code of Conduct, policies, and regulations of the EU.
- Whenever appropriate, share relevant information/updates with staff in order to strengthen coordination.
- Performing external communications with external stakeholders related to the project.
- Promote an open, participatory, and teamwork organizational culture.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by PITA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Advanced degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in, social science, development, project management, gender studies, women’s rights, or any other related field.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience with development projects, working with INGOs is preferred.
- Background in gender studies and women’s rights is necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, monitoring, and evaluation tools and methods, project management, budget management, and implementation, preferably in managing EU projects.
- Experience in managing and implementing women empowerment projects, gender -development, and gender-equality projects.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with INGOs.
- Experience in working with local authorities and governments.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Good in time management and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, good social skills, communication, and ability to work in a team.
- High level of interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Capable in planning, problem solving, and mediation.
- Familiarity with EU regulations and compliance.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills; ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English). Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] no later than Sunday, 25th of July, 2021 at 1:00 PM local time in Palestine and include “EU Project Manager Application” in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.