The Opportunity – Project Manager
Post location: Ramallah Field Office
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 7 months – Full Time 100%
ROLE PURPOSE: To provide strategic and technical leadership to US $ 1.4 million Gender project.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall project management cycle including; fine tuning and providing strategic direction to project consortium, leading and producing annual plans, budgets, and any amendments, developing quality donor reports, maintain quality assurance, leading effectively, and providing management and leadership to project team and the consortium. The Project Manager will have budget holding duties and will ensure timely resource mobilization and utilization in compliance with Save the Children (SCI) and donor policies and regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: West Bank Field Office Manager
Staff reporting to this post: NA
Role Dimensions: oPt Country Office (CO) is a high complexity country, with multi-member interest, and an annual budget of $10 – 15m, and approximately 75 staff members.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
A- Project consortium and strategy
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with consortium members, including line ministries and implementation partners, by fine tuning these relations, standardizing and institutionalizing project communication among stakeholders and partners, which includes the steering committee and project management team.
- Present the project as delegated to the host government, donor, and community.
- Monitor environment and risk management, ensuring mitigation is developed, communicated, and implemented as approved.
B- Project planning and monitoring
• Lead the project and consortium through the annual implementation plan development process, ensuring compliance with the project design, Scope of Work (SoW), budget, and quality standards. Produce donor level annual plans, reports and budgets.
• Coordinate the consortium intervention and activities according to the plan by ensuring effective and timely delivery of programme activities. Administer and facilitate the contractual aspects with partners and SCI departments and ensure compliance and effective business relations.
• Ensure the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) plan is developed, resourced, and implemented and is used to inform the decision making process.
• Conduct monthly progress review of the project’s activities with the consortium and project team, ensure progress is achieved as p lanned, challenges are mapped and actions are identified and rolled out in a timely fashion.
• Produce quality reports including internal briefs, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and ensure compliance with the reporting deadlines and quality. Ensure programme assets and resources are well managed according to SCI and donor policies and regulations with support from SCI related departments.
C- Partnership capacity building and training
- Follow up and provide needed support to ensure all identified capacity gap/area opportunity for partners as identified in the pre-award assessment ensuring capacity development and performance improvement.
- Monitor the issues that might rise or appear through the life of the grant and communicate any needed resources and actions to fill any new gap.
- Provide feedback on partners capacity issue/performance to the partnership management scheme of SCI.
- Review the financial audits and consult with the finance team for feedback/issues.
D- Staff and self-development, staff leadership.
- Work with line manager to identify the development plan for the post holder and the sub-ordinates and ensure any talent is identified and work with HR on the staff development plan. Track and evaluate regularly and update as agreed with the line manager.
- Ensure effective participation and learning of rolled out High Performance Organizational (HPO) projects.
- Successfully complete all SCI essential trainings and learning schemes.
- Provide timely and quality feedback, support, and guidance for sub-ordinate ensuring high quality performance and further polish of the needed skills and competencies.
E- Advocacy, communication and material production
- Ensure advocacy and communication plan are consistent with the country office strategy through effective collaboration with the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications & Media (ACCM) team.
- Working closely with the ACCM team to capture lessons learned, success stories, evidence to inform policy and material production.
F- Emergency response and support:
• Contribute to the CO contingency plan process and response strategy development.
• Ensure revision of the programme in case of Emergency declaration for resource re-allocation to appropriate.
In case of Emergency declaration, ready and prepared to be assigned for a new role(s) and working outside the normal work modality.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• BA and/or Master degree in Social Science/International Development / Development Studies, Gender Studies, Community Development or other relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 5 years of working experience in/with INGOs, with minimum two years’ experience in a middle management post.
• Knowledge and experience in the following thematic areas: Gender, Protection, Education, and Economic development.
• Previous experience working in volatile operation environment and in depth knowledge of Gender challenges in Palestine.
• Previous experience in managing multi-million, multi-year projects.
• Excellent command in written and spoken Arabic and English.
• Proven record of success and mastering project management cycle and donor communication.
• Proven leadership managing consortiums.
• Accomplished level in key competencies; delivering results, networking and influencing and collaborative approach to business.
Ȃ 2; Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
• Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
• Strong organizational skills to work effectively to support multi-tasking.
• Ability to work as part of a team, both following and supporting others.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead and inspire others.
• Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
• Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
• Excellent analytical skills, and demonstrated experience with gender analysis.
• Good familiarity, networking and working relationships with relevant organizations.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Programming experience i n Palestine or Middle East.
Commitment to Save the Children International values.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We support inclusion; and women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integ rity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة