Project Manager Vacancy for an anticipated project in the Agricultural sector
Taawon, Ramallah Office
Taawon is a non-profit, civic organization launched in Geneva in the year 1983, upon the initiative of a group of Palestinian and Arab economists and intellectuals. The organization has become one of the largest organizations operating in Palestine and the diaspora camps in Lebanon, whereby it touches the lives of more than one million Palestinians on an annual basis, with half of these beneficiaries being women. Since its establishment, Taawon has invested significant funds dedicated to development and relief programs in Palestine.
Under the overall administrative leadership and supervision of Taawon’s Director of Operations in Palestine and the direct supervision of the Community Development Program Manager, the Project Manager will provide technical orientation, advise and backup in order to ensure the delivery of a Natural Resource Development Project outputs to a high standard and in a cost effective manner, taking into account national and international best practices and previous experiences / achievements, and in accordance with Taawon procedures.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the implementation of a 4-year Natural Resource Management Project (Land, Water, Agricultural Roads) ensuring that its outputs and targets are met as per project framework, that activities are carried out as planned, within budget and time schedule and that reporting, monitoring and evaluation functions are carried out as per project requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In particular, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Plan, implement, and manages Project activities.
- Ensure a results-based approach to project implementation, including maintaining a focus on project results and impact as defined by the project results framework indicators.
- Review and implement a logical framework, detailed workplan and budget using a log frame analysis, including targets to be met, and resources to be allocated; based on the objectives, results and activities presented in the project document, as well as input from local coordination at country level.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary inputs within Taawon, partner institutions and agencies.
- Oversee the implementation, makes best use of available human and financial resources, and ensures Taawon procedures are followed throughout.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of project activities and supervises field operations in close collaboration with the project staff.
- Oversee the budget management of the project, including proposed budget revisions and financial reporting, and updates project ‘s information.
- In coordination with the line manager, coordinate with the project team, facilitate contacts with various stakeholders as required for the implementation of the project.
- Review progress made towards the workplan, as well as the stated objectives and results, on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare and/or review Terms of Reference (TORs) for different staff, consultants, contracts, Letters of Agreement (LOAs) and monitors their delivery against agreed timeline and quality.
- Organize and manage the process of continuous communication with project stakeholders.
- Lead the development of communication products and ensures the visibility of the project activities and results in relevant forums, networks, and media.
- Research, compile and organize information and reference content from various sources to produce reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; maintain paper and computer records.
- Ensure the review and publication of relevant project reports.
- Ensure the flow of communication with Taawon and other stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Advanced University degree in agriculture sciences, project management, economics, or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in project/program management.
- Excellent command of English language (speaking, reading, and writing).
Taawon Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Demonstration of ability to manage projects and resources efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write proposals, documents, and technical reports.
- Prior experience in natural resource management policy and strategy at national level.
- Mobility as the incumbent is expected to spend at least 40% of their time in the field.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة