.تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Projects Management Unit (PMU) in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
Wastewater Management Sustainability (WMS) Project contributes indirectly to the twin objectives of eradicating extreme poverty and sharing prosperity by improving the quality of life of about 400,000 residents in northern Gaza through the provision of wastewater treatment services, including the protection of communities against the risk of floods from uncontrolled wastewater reservoirs, and by creating economic opportunities for productive use of treated effluent, has been designed to finance efficient Operation and Maintenance (O&M) for the North Gaza Wastewater Management Facilities (NGWMF) for four years and build conditions for sustainable wastewater treatment services. The proposed WMS project will provide technical and financial resources to prevent the collapse of the NGWMF and continue the operation of the facilities at design capacity, while building a long-term technical, institutional and financial capacity to operate and maintain wastewater services. It will finance efficient O&M for four years (excluding electricity), and required rehabilitation of equipment and civil works at the NGWMF to guarantee performance at design capacity. The Project is financed by the World Bank Group, with total amount of 13.7 M USD, funds the Project.
- Component 1: Support the continued operation of the NGWMF (US$7.1 million
- Component 2: Rehabilitation and upgrade of the NGWMF to improve efficiency build resiliency and address emergencies (US$3.4 million).
- Component 3: Capacity building for sustainability of wastewater services (US$2.2 million).
- Component 4: Project management and implementation support (US$1.0 million).
- Component 5: Contingency Emergency Response Component (US$0.0 million
- Assuming the overall responsibility for the work and performance of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) consist of 7 staff and the implementation of the project;
- Supervise PIU staff in the performance of their respective duties and ensure the efficient functioning of the unit.
- Planning, managing and coordinating the various project activities;
- Acting as the main link between PIU, CMWU, and Donors, the project's consultant and civil works contractors during project implementation.
- Follow up and supervise the tasks and duties of the PIU.
- Ensure that all technical, financial and safeguards written instructions, communications and records as deemed necessary in the Project and Financing Agreement are kept orderly and systematically;
- Keep the PWA informed about the progress of works, the financial status of the project and other important issues and development;
- Prepare, or as appropriate supervise the preparation of, a monthly brief and comprehensive quarterly reports on work progress, the financial status of the projects and important issues/ developments that arise in the course of project implementation; and hand over a complete set of documents and records to CMWU at the end of the PIU`s assignment giving all technical and financial details of the execution of the project;
- Review and approve the consultant’s and the contractors` invoices.
- Ensure that the Senior Admin & Finance Control Specialist is provided with the necessary information to perform their duties.
- Any other tasks as requested by the PMU General Director
The Project Manager will report to the PMU General Director
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
- Master degree in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement or equivalent field
- At least 7 years of work experience in Projects management.
- Knowledge and/or experience in World Bank Procurement and Safeguards Guidelines and national rules and legislations in the field of procurement, safeguards, construction and engineering;
- Knowledge and/or experience in institutional reforms in public entities as an add value.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and high computer literacy (Microsoft, Excel and other software), and; Strong communication and reporting skills and ability to work in a team;
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 15 April 2021.
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 05/04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting the us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 08 2644071
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted