The Palestinian Museum Digital Archive
The Palestinian Museum is seeking a motivated and committed individual with a strong background in Information and Communication Technology, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the position, at least seven years’ managerial experience preferably in a cultural or artistic organisation/ project, strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in English and Arabic and a background in Middle East and/or Palestine Studies is an asset.
The Palestinian Museum Digital Archive Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of the project. S/he will oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved on time and the budget is respected. The Project Manager will work closely with the Museum Director and the Research and Knowledge Programmes Manager and will collaborate with other departments for support.
The Project Manager could travel frequently to establish partnerships for the remaining period of the project in the above-mentioned locations, and as necessary throughout the project life.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Project Management and Administration:
- Formulates and implements the project work plan with the project team under his/her supervision, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery throughout the project.
- Oversees the management of activities undertaken by the project team, ensuring that programmed activities are carried out effectively, and on budget and schedule;
- Coordinates work in the different areas both within the team, within the Palestinian Museum, with the project’s partners and with all client entities and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Maintains communication with the project Advisory Committee to ensure the project is provided with timely expert support on intellectual questions, and partnerships.
- Monitors project budget and expenditure and prepares reports as necessary.
- Ensures that the project progresses are in accordance with its contractual obligations and compliant with both donor regulations and internal organisational policies.
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation of narrative and financial reports and presentations to the Museum Director and the project donor as appropriate.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among project staff and volunteers with the wider Palestinian Museum team.
- Monitors and assesses project performance in accordance with the project monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Manages guides, develops and facilitates digitisation and digital preservation training of staff under his/her supervision, assigns clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective technical supervision and managing performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Designs and oversees the project’s workflow including developing written protocols and forms from the scoping and research to digitising, metadata development until the collections are properly archived and ready for publishing.
- Manages the acquisition and maintenance of office and specialist reproduction equipment in collaboration with the head of digitisation and other experts as needed.
- Manages the rolling development, delivery, and launch of the project’s online digital platform from the very first stages of technical development until launch to the public, according to the specifications and standards agreed with the donor. This includes making decisions on the choice of appropriate technology solutions, setting workflow for platform development with an external contractor and coordinating with the advisory board and other external advisors as necessary.
- Leads on establishing the project’s Archive Network Partners in Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Manages digitisation grants given to Archive Network Partners and monitors, evaluates and reports implementation progress and efficiency.
- Manages, guides, develops and facilitates digitisation and preservation with relevant advisors.
- Ensure that financial, legal, publicity and open-access requirements are complied with.
- Works closely with the Palestinian Museum’s Resource Mobilisation Manager to ensure compliance with programmatic targets, deliverables and reports.
Communication and Representation:
- Monitors and follows up on the implementation of the project’s communications and outreach plan in Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan.
- Makes research and online platform development process transparent to the project team and the larger museum staff.
- Organises regular workshops to enhance understanding and participation of the staff in the project.
Performs other related duties as requested by the Museum’s Director.
يُرجى ممّن يرغب في التقدّم لهذه الوظيفة الاطلاع على المهام الرئيسة والوصف الوظيفي والشروط والمؤهلات المطلوبة، وتعبئة طلب التقدّم إلكترونيًّا، مع إرفاق السيرة الذاتية - اضغط على Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة، وذلك في موعدٍ أقصاه 01 آذار، 2020، علمًا أنّه لن يُنظر في الطلبات غير المكتملة.
يوفّر المتحف الفلسطيني فرص عمل متكافئة للجميع