Palestinian Vision (PalVision) is a democratic, youth-run non-profit organization, established in 1998. It serves to empower Palestinian youth through national awareness campaigns, leadership opportunities, and the establishment of national youth networks. The goal is to initiate youth-led sustainable development, social equity, and economic viability through volunteerism, social activism, entrepreneurship, lobbying and advocacy, both on a local and national level. Currently the organization seeking a Project Manager, who will be responsible for the overall project management cycle including; fine tuning and providing strategic direction to project consortium, lead and produce annual plans and budgets and any amendments, develop quality donor reports, quality assurance and effective leading, and provide management and leadership to project team and the consortium. Provide budget holding duties and ensure timely resource mobilization and utilization, ensuring compliance with PalVision and donor policies and regulations.
The key responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
- Provide leadership and confidence to lead a consortium of Palestinian partners by creating synergies and conducive environment.
- Conduct monthly progress review for the project activities with the consortium and project team, ensure progress is achieved as planned, challenge mapped and actions indented and rolled out in timely fashion
- Lead project planning, coordination, and capacity building meetings with partner organization and donor as necessary.
- Preparation of detailed and effective project action plan for project activities.
- Lead coordination and mobilization of project activities in target communities.
- Supervision of project field staff involved in the project, including any contracted services.
- Close follow up on the implementation of the different components of the project in office and in field.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to donor’s rules and regulations.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper activities implementation on the ground.
Financial and Administrative Tasks:
- Develop the necessary administrative procedures to effectively achieve project deliverables and outcomes.
- Prepare project ToRs, tenders, and purchase requests in accordance with PalVision Procurement guidelines, templates and processes for submission to Financial department.
- Control expenditure and disbursement to ensure compliance with PalVision financial policy and procedures, Track and monitor project budget and expenditure.
- Assist the finance department in preparing periodic financial documents and reports for the project.
Advocacy, Communication and Material Production:
- Ensure advocacy and communication plan is consistent with the project’s objectives and expected impact through effective collaboration with Advocacy Officer.
- Coordinate and close follow up on the implementation of the different communication and visibility activities and productions.
- Working closely with Advocacy Officer to capture lessons learned, success stories, evidence to inform policy and material production.
- Produce case studies and other information materials illustrating PalVision’s work and work closely with Advocacy Officer
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E plan and tools to track progress and assess impact of the project with the M&E officer and partner organizations.
- Supervise field officers and project coordinators completion of M&E tasks.
- Conduct regular project visits with the project coordinator, document feedback and share with partners
- Report challenges and successes of M&E processes to the M&E Officer.
- Support partner organizations in preparing quarterly narrative reports according to donor regulations.
- Responsible for production of project quarterly, semi-annual, and annual narrative reports in coordination with M&E officer and ensure compliance with the reporting deadlines and quality.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and Professional qualifications:
- University master or Bachelor degree in Political Science, social sciences, management, or other relevant field for the position and minimum 5 years of proven experience in managing development projects particularly EU funded projects.
- Previous experience working in volatile operation environment and in depth knowledge of culture and cultural heritage protection challenge in East Jerusalem
- Proven record of success and mastering project management cycle and donor communication
- Proven leadership managing consortiums
- Accomplished level in key competencies; delivering results, networking and influencing and cooperation Rights-based approach and participatory approach
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines
- Proven experience and training in Monitoring and Follow up.
- Fluent in English and in Arabic languages, both written and spoken.
- Experience with MS Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers).Proven strong analytical skills and excellent knowledge
- CV (including name and contact details of three reference persons) (in English)
- One page motivation/cover letter (in English)
Please submit the requested documents via Email to: [email protected] with email subject indicating the position you’re applying for no later than 9 November 2019. Only short-listened candidates will be contacted.