This is a re-advertisement and who applied before shouldn’t apply again.
(position is contingent on funding)
Position Title: Project Manager
Reports to/Position Title: LWF VTP Director
Location: West Bank and Jerusalem
2. GRIT Project Summary:
The LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year technical and vocational education project implemented in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) in the West Bank and Jerusalem. CLWR is a longstanding partner and supporter of LWF’s Vocational Training Program. The project is integrated into LWFs Vocational Training Program (VTP), established in 1948, with training centers in Beit Hanina and Ramallah. The ultimate expected outcome of the GRIT project is improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities, in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The Project Manager will supervise the overall implementation of a technical and vocational project implemented in partnership with the Canadian Lutheran World Relief in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The Project Manager is responsible to the day-to-day management of the project staff and the implementation of the project programmatically and administratively. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and communication with CLWR, participating TVET institutes, peer organizations, and governmental offices and forums.
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day implementation, representation, and overall coordination of project.
- Supervise project personnel and ensure effective communication and coordination between the project offices, integration with the LWF Vocational Training Program, CLWR and the LWF Jerusalem Office.
- Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the project progress reports as required.
- Oversee the transparent tender bidding or request for proposal processes for the selection of consultants, contractors, and implementing partners for sub-projects and ensure the preparation of clear tender bidding evaluation reports.
- Manage project administrative and security related activities, monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Play a lead role in strategic planning for the project, including in the Project Steering Committee
- Serve as the primary contact with CLWR and maintain frequent communication to keep the CLWR Project Manager abreast of the latest developments
- In conjunction with the CLWR Program Manager, take steps to promote the sustainability of project results by making relevant connections for the project and ensuring the completion of deliverables that will benefit the TVET sector, LWF and CLWR beyond the life of the project
- Act as a key local representative of the project
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Deputy Project Manager, MEL Coordinator, Gender and Inclusion Officer, and Activity Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in management of staff, development projects, project management cycle and demonstrated ability to support program and its staff to achieve high quality, accountability, good planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Good knowledge of international actors and key national coordination mechanisms.
- Able to work collaboratively and inspire learning based on experience, and to achieve results.
- Effective diplomacy, critical, analytical, facilitative and communicative, representational and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly, and be accountable for results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong personnel management skills.
- Strong communication skills, verbal communication, delivery of presentations, and excellent writing abilities in English.
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Experience in Technical Vocational Education.
- Experience working with development projects funded by international donors, preferably Global Affairs Canada
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to work collaboratively and inspire learning based on experience to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
9. Covering responsibilities:
Not expected to cover for other positions
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة