The Palestinian Bar Association is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual position to work in its Head Quarter in Ramallah, under The Project of ‘Enhancing Professionalism & cohesiveness of the Lawyers community in West bank and Gaza strip’ ENI/2019/406-834, Funded By EU.
Following is the description of this Position:
Start date: ASAP
Position type and duration: Full time Two years .
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing the grant between WB and GS' activities according to the Plan, time frame, and budget, financial and administrative procedures. He/she is responsible to provide narrative reports for the funders as requested, the project manager will direct the staff under this project and he/she will be the focal point for the project
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
-Master’s degree in Law OR combination of relevant education and experience
-At least 5 years’ experience in managing funded projects.
- previous experience in preparing result based reports
-Strong planning and problem solving skills
-Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
-Excellent command in written and spoken English and Arabic.
-Good presentation skills and ability to facilitate group meetings is a definite plus
- Ability to travel to Gaza Strip.
- Develop and monitor two years project implementation plan.
- Develop and monitor detailed annual action plan
- Oversee the implementation of the detailed action plans in the West Bank and Gaza.
- Monitor project two years budget and annual budget, in coordination with the financial management team.
- Technically supervise the project team, including project coordinator and accountant
- Manage the day to day activities in accordance with the project detailed action plan.
- Monitor the performance of service providers and suppliers (external contractors).
- Ensure optimal integration of all project components for maximum impact.
- Ensure all monitoring and evaluation activities are implemented.
- Oversee and participate in the development of project monitoring tools, in response to the project results framework.
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure appropriate documentation of project results.
- Prepare regular result based reports, in accordance to the timelines agreed upon with the donors.
- Prepare regular interim reports for the PBA management and board
- Review project results annually and highlight any modifications required to achieve the intended results.
Procurement and financial management
- Work closely with the project team and financial management department to ensure full compliance with internal policies and procedure as well as with donors requirements.
- Prepare terms of references for all external assignments and tasks.
- Track and monitor project budget and actual spending
- Ensure financial efficiency and approve project disbursements
- Formulate and participate in procurement committees
- Manage all project related contracts
- Oversee the preparation of regular financial reports, interim and donors reports.
Public relations and media
- Establish and maintain solid partnerships with the different stakeholders
- Participate in relevant public events and represent the PBA in coordination with the PBA director.
- Maintain professional relations with the donors
- Participate in the PBA public events as needed
- Provide input to the PBA publications and comprehensive reports, as needed
- Ensure visibility of the project, in accordance with the agreement with the donors
- In coordination with the public relations unit, ensure appropriate media coverage of all activities and events, (traditional and social media).
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to:
no later than Sunday , September 01 , 2019 and include cover letter
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone inquiries please!
PBA promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all