AMIDEAST is recruiting for a Project Manager position in Ramallah for a new education project expected to begin in June 2019. This opportunity is a 1.5-year full-time contract position scheduled to begin on or around June 2019 and end February 2021.
The goal of the Project is to serve as a holistic educational and cultural program that develops the knowledge, skills, and abilities of Palestinian high school students and creates well-rounded Palestinian future leaders that are also capable of becoming competitive applicants for university admissions and scholarships at higher education institutions abroad.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Oversee academic guidance and university application process and placement of 100 students to colleges and universities abroad, worldwide;
- Develop and oversee implementation of student training to enhance English language skills, improve student university application test scores;
- Develop and oversee implementation of extra-curricular and youth development opportunities, and student initiatives to enhance student innovation and creativity;
- Oversee partnerships with local partner institutions;
- Oversee documentation of experiences, preparation of reports and presentations, and other project reporting as it pertains to student engagement;
- Contribute to development of plans and strategies for the successful creation of an approved work plan;
- Develop clear impact indicators for student engagement initiatives, and provide evidence of impact on the student experience;
- Report on component activities in a timely manner and compile M&E team data to monitor and evaluate progress and impact; and
- Other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, the social sciences, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- University degree or other study abroad experience in Europe, the United States, Australia, or other foreign country strongly preferred;
- At least 7 years of project implementation experience in an educational context;
- At least 2 years’ of experience specifically in areas directly relevant to the project, such as student services, student counseling, and activities focused on student wellbeing.
- Native level fluency in English required; Arabic proficiency also strongly preferred;
- A self-starter, able take initiatives and lead/manage multiple tasks and activities with ease;
- Valid driver's license and ability/willingness to travel throughout the West Bank, including Jerusalem; willingness and ability to travel to Gaza a strong plus;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook Email, and PowerPoint.
Applicants should send their C.V., a cover letter expressing how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this position and contact information for at least three references to the following address- [email protected] The deadline to receive all applications for this position is close of business March 17, 2019. Applications will be considered as soon as they are received and late applications will not be considered. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.