ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
III. Position Profile
Under the authority of the Country Director, the Project Manager is responsible for implementation and management of a development project titled: “Supporting sustainable and inclusive growth in the Palestinian territory through digital inclusion”, he/she will be responsible for full oversight and implementation of the project in coordination with the ACTED country strategy.
Project implementation and supervision
- Effectively a Project Manager (PM) of the assigned project/s. Responsible for implementation and management (quality of delivery, compliance, efficiency, timeframe)
- Coordination with all relevant departments as per the kick-off meeting
- Systematic reporting (narrative, AME) on the project/s
- Follow-up on the financial reporting of the project/s
- Field monitoring
- Follow up on the procurement reporting of the project/s
- Ensure accountability for the performance of project team/partners, in terms of outputs, quality, efficiency and compliance with ACTED rules and Polices.
- Together with the Project Development Manager works on the design of project proposals
- Coordinate with relevant clusters and local authorities ahead of proposal submission
- Ensure that proposals incorporate relevant national (Palestinian) strategies from appropriate sectors/ministries
- Ensure sound budget planning together with Finance Department
- Think of innovative ways in programming and aide PDD in structuring proposals and concept notes
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure systematic monitoring of the assigned project/s with collaboration with ACTED AME department
- Send an updated Project Monitoring Framework (PMF) to the PDD monthly
- Facilitate systematic follow-ups with the ACTED AME department
- Take part in field visits to see project implementation first hand
- Report on assigned project/s achievements (against contractual and non-contractual indicators alike)
- Collect all relevant data and information from the Gaza team, pertinent to assigned project/s
- Ensure that the work plan, logical framework and the BFU for the assigned project/s are updated and that handover/s are produced whenever necessary
- Update the CD on assigned project/s progress
Coordination and external relations
- Ensure good and systematic communication with relevant local authorities and project stakeholders
- Ensure good and systematic communication with relevant ACTED partners
- Participate in cluster meetings as per PDD and CD recommendation
- Participate in networking representation directly linked with development department
- Represent ACTED in ad-hoc events as per PDD and CD recommendation
- Whenever appropriate, share relevant information/updates with adequate ACTED staff in order to strengthen coordination
- Actively look for potential points of engagement for ACTED in OPT, in particular avenues of co-funding for the project
- Scout relevant calls for proposals and share with PDD and CD
- Maintain a good relationship with key stakeholders in the country
- Support PDM and coordination in the development fundraising strategy of ACTED Palestine in reference with ACTED Country and Global Strategy
- Support and strengthening ACTED Palestine development profile through improving the involvements and synergies with existing local and regional networks
- Participate, upon request, and in coordination with PD / Coordination, in main development donors meetings, info sessions and strategic workshops.
- Participate, upon request, in meetings with local authorities, local/INGOs and relevant key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with HR manager and CD, the PM is responsible for recruitment, conducting appraisals, quality control and disciplinary measures and overall HR oversight of the development project team (if any) .
- Responsible for planning and organizing the activities and allocations work amongst the project team, if existing.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, development studies or any other relevant field.
- Five years of relevant work experience with development projects.
- At least three years of previous work experience in managerial position with NGOs / INGOs .
- Good in time management and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, good social skills, communcation, and ability to work in a team.
- Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills; ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…).
- Whenever possible and relevant go on a mission to Gaza.
- Valid Driving Lisence.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 2/2/2019 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Project Manager) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.