Social Innovation Project Manager
ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Project Manager for 12 months period (extendable).
The post location is Hebron.
Start Date: Immediately.
About the position: The Project Manager is responsible for the management and implementation of ActionAid’s project entitled: "Social innovation to combat youth unemployment and increase the economic resilience of the communities in Area C of the West Bank " funded by the Italian Cooperation and in partnership with ActionAid Italy.
The key responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
- Represent AAP and promote the organization in relevant meetings with local authorities, communities and other working groups.
- Create awareness, engagement and mobilization in target communities
- Coordinate with local authorities, development actors for joint initiatives and effective coordination.
- Link policy work with project activities to bring coherence between policy and project work, ensuring a bottom up approach to policy work
- Lead the development of annual plans and budgets, and monthly financial plan together with projected spending and monitor progress against this plan closely.
- Control expenditure and disbursement to ensure compliance with AAP financial policy and procedures, Track and monitor project budget and expenditure, Approve expenditure after necessary procedures.
- Provide technical inputs to the project plans and initiatives in relation to youth employment, online freelancing, social enterprise and business starts ups.
- Develop narrative and financial reports in coordination with different functions that demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the development of an effective monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) plan in line with overall logical framework matrix
- Provide hands-on coaching and mentoring support for team members to achieve the desired results.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits both for sensitization, coordination, monitoring and evaluation for the project activities.
- Provide leadership and confidence to lead a consortium of Italian and Palestinian partners by creating synergies and conducive environment.
- Partnership Relationship management and Networking: Support Partner appraisal and selection process, the development of MOUs, to strengthen capacity and support partners to practice HRBA, women’s and youth leadership and accountability to communities, in addition to Build capacity of partners to develop projects that effectively lead to longer term programmes
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, economic development or Development Studies. Master’s Degree in any relevant discipline from a recognized institution is an asset.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a multi-culture working environment and preferably in International agencies.
- In-depth understanding of the socio-economic context, situation of women and youth in Palestine is required.
- Proven experience in leadership and management
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic are equally important.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Travel frequently within Palestine with a valid driving licence.
Indicative salary range: ILS 111,503 to ILS 128,956 gross per annum.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 31st October 2018 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.