DAI is an international development company. For over 50 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Innovative Private Sector Development (IPSD) Project
IPSD is a Palestinian Ministry of National Economy (MoNE) Project, funded by the World Bank and implemented by DAI. It consists of the following activities/initiatives:
- Component 1: Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Development, including the following:
- Activity 1: Improving market linkages to Arab communities in regional entrepreneurship ecosystems—connectivity and access to markets.
- Activity 2: Developing a dynamic start-up finance ecosystem with a core focus on organized angel investing—financial infrastructure.
- Activity 3: New automated company registration system—technology infrastructure and integration.
- Activity 4: Developing home-based businesses framework—technology infrastructure and regulatory policy.
Component 2: Building an Outsourcing Hub in Gaza, including the following:
Activity 5 Developing the outsourcing model and piloting expansion of an existing organization in Gaza—human capital and markets.
IPSD is a US$13 million, 4 years project started in October 2019, with the objective of improving economic opportunities for individuals and firms in the West Bank and Gaza. It also falls under the World Bank’s overarching objective to alleviate market failures related to gaps and binding constraints in the entrepreneurship ecosystem of the digital economy including in human capital, financing, product markets, enabling policies, institutional support, and connectivity.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
DAI is looking to hire a highly qualified Project Director to lead the IPSD project implementation. The anticipated key functions of this role are as follows:
- Manage of an independent PIA office to be based in Ramallah and an additional office in Gaza (in accordance with guidelines on minimum space and workplace requirements) fully equipped to fulfil the Scope of Work of this assignment.
- Lead the implementation of project activities towards the achievement of desired results.
- Prepare and follow through on a phased programme of action to ensure coordination of efforts in implementing the IPSD Project for the government.
- Prepare and consolidate the annual work plans, project reports and budgets for all components of the IPSD Project for review and approval by World Bank and MoNE.
- Coordinate the preparation, monitoring and reporting on the execution of the overall procurement plan of the project for the procurement of goods, consulting and non-consulting services consistent with procurement guidelines of the funding Development Partners and the specific provisions of the Grant Agreement.
- Organise quarterly meetings with key actors across all project components to assess progress, identify implementation constraints, and recommend remedial actions.
- Ensure proper knowledge transfer and capacity building to MoNE relevant departments.
- Maintain dialogue with MoNE and WB, on all aspects of the implementation of project components, including Project Review meetings at the time of the WB Supervision Missions.
- Identify and prepare background documentation and agenda for the project Advisory Committee meeting to discuss the market linkages and market access services, angel investment needs, outsourcing hub and program issues for consideration by MoNE, members of the committee and World Bank .
- Maintain oversight of programme budget, understanding the structure of the Head Contract with the Client and how this impacts programme activities. This includes accountability for expenses and activities expenditure.
- Work closely with the Finance and Grants Managers to ensure effective operational and financial management of the project in Ramallah and Gaza (including but not limited to: tracking, reviewing and updating key project documentation such as work plans, budgets, manuals; staff supervisory responsibility; compliance with World Bank rules and regulations and DAI policies).
- Ensure quality of project outputs are fully aligned with DAI and client requirements through mentoring, training and monitoring of staff and partners.
- Ensure project strategies, plans and activities are gender sensitive, socially inclusive, promote economic growth and are sustainable.
- Work to ensure that the team (in Ramallah and Gaza) complies with Project ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant postgraduate qualification with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in private sector development (preferably in a fragile state context) with strong technical leadership in private sector or financial sector environment
- Knowledge of West Bank/Gaza generally and the sensitivity to the underlying social, economic and political context in particular
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary project management team, build effective working relations with colleagues and clients, and capability to work under pressure, with good experience in leadership and strategic management of project team at national level
- Track record of successful coordination with government and private sector stakeholders
- Proven experience in project management, coordination, cooperation and negotiation with high level government officials, donor partners and multitude of local stakeholders.
- A charismatic change agent - with extensive experience in context specific - practical techniques for change management
- Fluency in English is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Readiness to work in multi-cultural environment and deliver under tight deadlines on a continual basis.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AND REPORTING:
- The post holder will be line managed by DAI Home Office Project Director.
- Project Director will need to maintain a close working relationship with World Bank and Ministry of National Economy.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Project Director Position will be full time, 1-year contract, renewable over the life of the project.
Deadline for submission of applications: Interested candidates should submit their CV, Cover letter, and three professional references no later than Monday November 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM to the following e-mail: [email protected]