Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. We are recruiting a:
PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT
BASED IN GAZA OFFICE
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Contributing to the analysis of the political, humanitarian, economic and social context in project area in order ensure that MSF's charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and local actors, in order to improve understanding and decision-making processes.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, local actors,) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- In collaboration with Project Coordinator, ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, local actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and procedure briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context and operational needs that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
- Managing all the protocol tasks vis-à-vis authorities (request of entry permit, Residency permit etc.)
- Maintaining the incident database and providing a weekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments, participating in the development of the Risk Analysis and the security plans
- Providing inputs to the Project Coordinator for the Context Analysis of the Monthly SitRep.
- During periods of conflict and/or humanitarian crisis (e.g. Covid 19) negotiates access and movements with the MoI.
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and Upon request of the PC
- Representing MSF within the projects limits (local authorities, media, governmental and non-governmental bodies, etc.) and negotiates collaboration agreements. Legal representation is not delegable unless legally backed up (powers of attorney, etc.)
- All of the above will be focused, without being limited, to MSF-OCBA's activities in the region.
- Desirable,University degree in Business, social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies.
- Essential at least 2 years previous working experience
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Excellent command of Arabic and English
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Good working knowledge on MS Office
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioral Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3