Médecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from Gaza, we are recruiting a:
PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT
MSF is currently seeking to hire PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT to join our project in Gaza.
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): Project Coordinator
Reports to (Functional): Project Coordinator
Job Family: Operations
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Contributing to the analysis of the political, humanitarian, economic and social context in project area in order ensure that MSF's charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and local actors, in order to improve understanding and decision-making processes.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, local actors,) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials,local actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and procedure briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Managing all the protocol tasks vis-à-vis authorities (request of entry permit, Residency permit etc.)
- Maintaining the incident database and providing a weekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments, participating in the development of the Risk Analysis and the security plans
- Providing inputs to the Project Coordinator for the Context Analysis of the Monthly SitRep.
- During periods of conflict and/or humanitarian crisis (e.g. Covid 19) negotiates access and movements with the MoI.
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and Upon request of the PC
- Representing MSF within the projects limits (local authorities, media, governmental and non-governmental bodies, etc.) and negotiates collaboration agreements. Legal representation is not delegable unless legally backed up (powers of attorney, etc.)
- All of the above will be focused, without being limited, to MSF-OCBA's activities in the region.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
- Desirable Experience in a similar position
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
- Essential previous experience of at least two years required in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs in Gaza.
- Desirable: Management experience.
- English and Arabic excellent level.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Good understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
المسمى الوظيفي Project Coordinator Support
آخر موعد للتقديم 06 - Oct - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 1 Year
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in English, with reference details:
Médecins Sans Frontières, Human Resources Department – Gaza Project
Only To: [email protected]
Please write PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT on your application or it may not be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 6th October 2021 at 4:00 PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a test and interview.
A Security Clearance certificate issued by MOI will required at the last stage of the recruitment process.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MSF أطباء بلا حدود