QADER for Community Development is a non-profit organization based in Bethlehem, dedicated to promoting better well-being of persons with disabilities (PwD) in Palestine. QADER endeavors to positively influence public policies, develop capacities of relevant stakeholders, and promote public awareness and disseminate information pertinent to PwD rights and issues; all according to the priorities of PwD and on the basis of national and international human rights specially the UN convention on the rights of persons with disabilities (CRPD), and the principles of equality and social justice.
QADER in partnership with the support of Save the Children is implementing a project in the West Bank and Gaza with the overall aim to promote child rights governance.
In Gaza, the project supports youth with disabilities as driving force to promote and protect the rights of children with disabilities through advocacy and campaigning, holding duty bearers accountable to their duties towards children with disabilities.
The project coordinator shall be responsible for the implementation of the project in Gaza.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage day to day implementation of project activities in close collaboration with the project staff, as per set in the action plan.
- Liaise with relevant organizations and national bodies including organizations of persons with disabilities.
- Coordinate logistical support and ensure that the planned activities are carried out effectively and in timely manner.
- Follow-up on the timeliness, accuracy and quality of deliverables.
- Prepare for workshops and meetings, prepare minutes and reports accordingly, and follow up results with all concerned parties.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all activities, and prepare analytical reports accordingly.
- Contribute to writing success stories, press releases, and other documents, as required.
- Contribute to internal monitoring of the project, and compliance with GIZ requirements.
- Contribute to the planning, preparations, and oversight of various procurement activities.
- Prepare and provide accurate information on the various activities in timely manner, as per the project M&E plan.
QUALIFICATION & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in related fields.
- Solid understanding of the status, needs and rights of children with disabilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in the same time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Applicants should send their CVs/Resumes in addition to a cover letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) to [email protected] no later than 14:00 PM on Saturday October 20th, 2018
Please indicate in the subject line “Project Coordinator”
Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this position. QADER for Community Development is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.