Under direct supervision of the Regional Programme Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the Country programme in Palestine and ensuring the programme is implemented according to the work plan. In addition, the project coordinator is the regional focal point for the civic leadership component.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Coordinate and implement the Country Programme in Palestine.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders and cooperation partners, especially education partners, local universities and governmental institutions.
- Keep direct contact with scholarship holders. This includes monthly meetings and direct counselling.
- Ensure implementation of the different programme components and conducting activities according to plan, where possible work with implementing partners.
- Ensure the SIS is up to date, fully complete.
- Ensure smooth progress of organizational, financial and logistical matters linked to the project and related missions and activities in the country. This includes tax payment, following up on registration, issuing payments and submitting financial reports.
- Ensure budget adherence and project documentation related to the HES programme according to internal procedures and donor requirements.
- Represent SPARK and the Country Programma in Palestine in different stakeholders meetings.
- Coordinate the civic leadership package with the country focal points in Turkey, Lebanon, KRG, and Jordan
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Other tasks when required.
- Remuneration based on experience between 1.600 USD – 2.400 USD gross per month paid in ILS;
- International working experience;
- Dynamic and inspiring environment;
- Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas and plans;
- Full-time contract.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements and Skills:
- Educational background in humanitarian or development studies, political science or social studies.
- Background in education desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in humanitarian aid and/or development cooperation
- Experience in implementation of development projects
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Arabic
- Full professional proficiency in English
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with a resume and a motivation letter (in English) through Apply Now-button below until 20 May 2018. For questions please contact Gemma Bennink [email protected], reference Project Coordinator HES Palestine.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.