TAMER Institute for Community Education is an educational non-governmental non-for-profit organization established in 1989 as a natural and necessary response to the urgent needs of the Palestinian community during the first intifada (uprising). The most important of these is the need to acquire means to help people learn and become productive. Focusing principally on the rights to education, identity, freedom of expression, and access to information.
For its office in Gaza strip, Tamer Institute is looking for qualified candidates to assume the following position:
1)Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Duration: Four months (with possibility for extension)
Starting date: Immediately
- Assist in preparing and follow- up the monthly and periodical project plans and reports.
- Review and follow up monthly plans and reports of the area coordinators.
- Conduct regular monitor visits the field to ensure the quality of implemented activities of the project.
- Provide the Project coordinator with regular reports of activities undertaken and activities planned.
- Review the Expressive arts activities plans received from facilitators and assist in developing Expressive Arts Activity manual.
- Follow up the implementation of capacity building activities for child protection community committees and community.
- Assist in planning and follow-up networking activities and sport days implemented in the five protective spaces.
- Ensure all project documents are archived in soft and hard copies.
- Closely follow-up on project human resources issues in coordination with project coordinator.
- Representing the organization in the national and international events related to the program.
- To undertake any other relevant duties required.
- Participate effectively in the activities of Tamer Institute’s national reading campaign.
- Attend regular staff meetings of Tamer Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Social Sciences or any other related fields.
- Minimum three years of professional experience in project management, preferably with working NGOs.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Command of Arabic, written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and team leading skills
- Excellent knowledge in Expressive Arts disciplines
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter no longer than 30th July 2018 to the following email address [email protected], with reference to the position you will apply for as the subject, please note that untitled applications will not be considered.
Only short list candidates will be contacted for a written test and job interview.