We are seeking a dedicated and visionary Project Coordinator in the West Bank to lead the implementation of an ambitious 3-year project aimed at establishing an independent media ecosystem in collaboration with Amideast. The Project Coordinator will be instrumental in driving the project's multifaceted objectives, fostering collaboration among various stakeholders, and ensuring the realization of a thriving Palestinian media landscape. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of independent journalism while addressing challenges related to safety, sustainability, and innovation.
Project Strategy and Planning:
- Work closely with project leadership to translate project goals and objectives into actionable plans and strategies.
- Develop detailed project work plans, identifying key milestones, tasks, and resource allocation.
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration:
- Build and nurture relationships with independent media organizations (IMOs), journalists, media outlets, university faculty, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate dialogue and collaborative efforts among stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of innovation and sustainability in Palestinian media.
Training and Capacity Building:
- Collaborate with educational institutions to design and implement targeted training programs for university journalism students and journalists of all experience levels.
- Identify areas for improvement and skills enhancement as identified by participants and tailor training modules accordingly.
Network and Community Building:
- Establish and manage sustainable networks, working groups, and platforms for collaboration among journalism students, junior and seasoned journalists, and independent media entities.
- Foster an environment where knowledge sharing, mentorship, and cross-learning flourish.
Funding Mechanism Development:
- Collaborate with media outlets to explore and develop viable funding mechanisms that enhance their resilience and organizational capacity.
- Assist in the creation of sustainable business models and strategies for media outlets to navigate the evolving media and economic landscape.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Monitor project progress against established objectives, identifying challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement evaluation mechanisms to measure the impact of training, network building, and funding initiatives.
Communication and Reporting:
- Maintain open lines of communication among project stakeholders, ensuring that project updates, achievements, and challenges are effectively shared.
- Prepare regular progress reports and presentations for project leadership and funders.
Safety and Security Considerations:
- Work closely with stakeholders to implement safety protocols that mitigate physical risks and ensure the security of participants, especially given the challenging environment.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Journalism, Media Studies, International Development, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in project coordination, preferably in media development or journalism
- Strong understanding of independent media ecosystems, journalistic practices, and sustainability models.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience in capacity building, training, and network facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex and challenging environments while ensuring participant safety.
- Proficiency in project management tools and methodologies.
- Professional proficiency in verbal and written English- minimum TOEIC score of 850 or equivalent
- Ability to travel to the West Bank, Gaza, and Jerusalem
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required; familiarity with online and social media programs and tools.
Please upload CV and coverletter to Amideast's job portal: