The YWCA of Jerusalem is a membership-based women's organization registered locally as an NGO and located in Sheikh Jarrah. The mission of the YWCA of Jerusalem is to empower women and participate in the decision making on equal footing with men in all aspects of their lives building a democratic and free civil society.
YWCA of Jerusalem will be implementing an 18-month project called “Progress towards fulfilling Palestinian women´s right to a life free of violence” together with another local partner and lead by “Fundación Alianza por los Derechos, la Igualdad y la Solidaridad Internacional-ActionAid Spain”
The project aims to promote the right to a life free of violence for women in specified villages in Jerusalem and Bethlehem governorates through integrated protection actions and GBV prevention, as well as personal and economic empowerment of rights holders in collaboration with community-based organizations (CBOs). The project will promote gender equality and will enable women to exercise their rights, report GBV and feel protected.
YWCA of Jerusalem is seeking to employ a coordinator for the project focusing on providing awareness as well as certain technical trainings to women in marginalized areas within Jerusalem and Bethlehem governorates
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA with at least 5 years’ experience in Development, Economics, Project Management, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Working Experience within the NGO sector in similar positions.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordination
- Jerusalem ID
- At least 4 years’ experience working with projects.
- BA in a related specialization.
- Proven experience of working in fields related to women empowerment and rights trainings.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: YWCA of Jerusalem with activities performed in YWCA as well as in 9 villages in the Bethlehem and Jerusalem governorates.
Major Duties include:
- Responsible for accomplishing projects goals, objectives & outputs required within the project.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the detailed plan for the project.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget and ensuring that spending is according to plan.
- Responsible for the proper documentation of the project’s activities
- Arrange for different meetings with stakeholders and partners.
- Arrange for trainings with the CBOs, preparing agreements etc.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports
- Work closely with the team
- Other relevant duties as needed.
- Excellent Report writing in English and Arabic
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritizes workload, and multi-task.
- Computer (MS-Office including MS-Project)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient skills in project cycle management
- Ability to move among all villages within both governorates.
- Working within a team
Procedure: YWCA Jerusalem will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV, additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates might be needed at a later stage. Please indicate the name of the job vacancy.
Applications should be sent by 25 May 2023 up till 12:00 noon to [email protected]