Starting date: As soon as possible
End date: 25 December 2023
Report to: Program Manager
MAAN Development Center is currently implementing the project: “Building Resilience of Vulnerable Families in the Gaza Strip Addressing the Shelter-Related Vulnerabilities”, which is funded through oPt Humanitarian Fund (oPt HF). The project focuses on improving the emergency preparedness and response capacity of MA’AN Development Center through the physical stockpiling of urgent non-food items. On the other hand, the project provides for the protection and safety of vulnerable families who have poor access to adequate shelter. It includes supporting 30 families living in substandard shelters through rehabilitation activities to meet shelter basic needs and minimum standards with a particular focus on meeting the needs of people with disabilities. The project will be implemented in the period between April and December 2023.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily management of the project activities in coordination with the field coordinator and under the supervision of the direct supervisor.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the project activities and that the implemented activities are well-coordinated with other departments and the project stakeholders as necessary.
- Conduct field visits to ensure the effective and smooth implementation of the project activities and report to the direct supervisor on the work progress and any challenges/risks that may emerge during implementation.
- Prepare project interim and final narrative reports.
- When requested, represent MAAN in meetings, events, or field visits carried out by the Shelter Cluster or the project donor to monitor the project implementation or to get updated about the project progress.
- Respond effectively and in a timely manner to any requests or inquiries made by the project donor in coordination with the direct supervisor.
- Track project expenditures and provide regular updates on the burn rate.
- Coordinate with the M&E staff to ensure that M&E activities are taking place as per the project M&E plan and that M&E data needed to submit the project reports are available in a timely manner and in the way requested by the donor.
- Any other tasks required by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
At least bachelor degree in a relevant area. A master degree is a credit.
At least 3 years of experience in managing emergency and humanitarian projects, especially in the area of NFI and shelter upgrades.
Strong knowledge of emergency preparedness and response mechanisms and modalities socially in the Shelter and NFI sector.
Proven past experience in working with local and international NGOs.
Excellent project management and reporting skills in both English and Arabic.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
Download the employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill out the employment application and save it with the applicant's name and position.
Please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/ysSqrLsodq6QzF2L8
Attach the employment application to the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if the employment application is not attached to the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until Monday 22 May 2023