Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Executive manager
Project Duration 9 Month, starting date: 1, Dec 2022
Employment Type: Full-time
Palestinian Food & Agriculture Industries Union (PFAIU) was established in 1995 and reregistered under the No. IA/000104/08. PFAIU to represent Palestinian food companies’ members. PFAIU conducts a number of activities aimed at promoting and improving locally made products, offering management and marketing skills training, and finally providing assistance for company members in opening export markets. Market studies reveal that the average family spends 36% - 38% of its income on food indicating the importance of this sector and the need for a competitive local industry to provide high-quality food products. The total investment in the industry is over one billion dollars, This Sector Employ more than 18000 workers and more than 3000 establishments operating in the Palestinian food industries sector in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
“Industrial Union aim to provide Palestinian community with healthy food, with best environmental practices, and to develop the quality of food industries with Palestinian flavor”.
"Raising the Productive Capacity of Dairy Cattle Farms in the Gaza Strip" is implemented by Palestinian Food and Agriculture Industries Union. This intervention is part of the TARABOT/Transformative Resilience Programme funded by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and the Finland Representative Office (FRO) through the United Nations Development Programme / Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP).
Therefore, PFAIU is looking for a competent and experienced project coordinator to work on the Activities. The project coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the activities, rendering timely support for the project team, and coordinating and liaising with partners including the project partner (UNDP). The project coordinator should work in compliance with PFAIU values, rules, and regulations. He/she will work under the direct supervision of the PFAIU Executive Manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Follow up and ensure the timely implementation of different activities per the approved action plan and related project documents.
- Implementation, management, and all activities of the project in cooperation with the project staff and all relevant entities in accordance with the activities and budget of the project.
- Preparing and writing the periodic and final reports of the project in Both Arabic and English in accordance with the requirements of the project's funders and partner institutions.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of projects according to PFAIU and donors’ requirements and conduct meetings and site visits as needed.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the project including proposal writing, planning, stakeholder management, monitoring & evaluation, resource management, budgeting, and other managerial matters.
- Ensure the project is proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards.
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintain files and records within the current filing system.
- Draft and Finalize project documents including reports, ToRs, and proposals.
- Ensure proper delivery of technical services and submission of technical and financial reports on time.
- Coordinate with PFAIU different divisions related to program implementation issues such as procurement, and technical divisions.
- Represent PFAIU in meetings with the project partners and provide feedback that would help PFAIU and partners make the rights decisions.
- Field visits to supervise and monitor activities carried out by the team.
- Review the financial and administrative reports of the project and follow up the project budget.
- Participating in project evaluation activities.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to him/her.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science "Animal Production", Business Administration or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with Local and international development projects and programs.
- High proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated leadership and strong management skills, experience managing multidisciplinary development programs and budgets.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs on-time, on schedule, and within budget close.
- Excellent skill in writing administrative and financial reports.
- Work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) and knowledge management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and presentation in Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills, MS office, MS Project, Excel functions, and PowerPoint.
- Be highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations and meet deadlines.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated, and able to make sound judgments.
- Strong team management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and competence to work with a team.
- Good understanding and commitment to PFAIU core values and principles.
- The ability to work in various locations and bear the work pressure according to the requirements of the program.
The candidates should submit their resume with an English cover letter by
email to [email protected] no later than 17 Nov 2022. (Email should be titled with “position title”).