Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent Organization, founded in the Middle governorate - Gaza Strip in 2000. POD works toward social-economic development to perform positive changes in the human life.
POD in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) starts a program entitled “Envision Gaza 2020”, USAID-funded project, to implement two key activities: which aims: (1) to support Palestinian families in Gaza become more resilient to everyday stresses and rebound more quickly from crises, including COVID-19. (2) Connecting unemployed participants with on-the-job training opportunities with host employers. This includes 3-month unskilled or low-skilled workers placements and/or 4-month internships or apprenticeships for skilled university or vocational graduates, respectively.
As a result, POD intends to recruit for the following position:
Title: Project Coordinator
Place: POD Office, Deir Al Balah
Period: 11 Months
Reports to: Project Manager (PM)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Administrative and technical implementation and follow up of the program activities.
- Supervision of technical and professional staff involved in the program activities that fall within his/her responsibility.
- Ensure that all program activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to donor’s rules and regulations.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of the activities on the ground.
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by POD and donor in consultation with the Program Manager.
- Assist the Program Manager in monitoring and evaluating the program by reporting to donor on the program deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of new program ideas in the field of work.
- Document all activities of the program and maintain an efficient program filing system including all program-related documents.
- Perform any other tasks required by the Project Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related fields.
- Three years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working with NGO's.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance.
- Professional level in both Arabic and English language skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application:
Applicants have to sign in using their preferred Gmail account.
- Deadline for submitting applications, 04:00 PM, Saturday, 15-OCT-2022.
- Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) hiring, and employment procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, or disability status.
- Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.