Job Title: Project Coordinator
Type of Contract: National Personnel Service Agreement
Duty Station: Ramallah
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and performance.
Closing Date: Apply before 6:59 am on 1 October 2022
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations. UNDP Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978 to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end.
UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience, and sustainability at the center of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem, and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in four thematic areas: democratic governance and the rule of law; economic empowerment and private sector development; environment and management of natural resources; and public and social infrastructure.
UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Project Coordinator based in Ramallah, to support the Project Manager in the implementation of the Project in Support to COVID-19 emergency response and vaccination promotion. The project aims to strengthen the government and partners' capacity to advance the COVID-19 vaccination promotion, while strengthening the health system’s capacity to maintain and ensure continuity of essential healthcare services, considering the burden and challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. To achieve this overarching goal, the project focuses on four critical areas: 1) Deployment of health personnel to support the COVID-19 vaccination; 2) Support to mobile health clinics in rural areas (Area C) to ensure vaccination and primary healthcare coverage in marginalized communities; 3) Provision of critical medical equipment and supplies to support and maintain essential healthcare services: 4) Evidence generation to support decision making: development of knowledge products to inform policies and strengthen institutional capacities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will undertake the following functions:
- Project coordination and implementation:
- Maintain and monitor project plans, activities and budgets in collaboration with other project staff and implementing partners.
- Conduct regular field visits to gather data and follow up on progress.
- Monitor project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable; update the status of project risks and issues by maintaining the logs.
- Identify changes and challenges in the external environment and promptly suggest necessary actions/corrective measures.
- Monitor and ensure relevant gender mainstreaming considerations are embedded in project activities.
- Handle correspondence and ensure the filing system is maintained and updated properly.
- Coordinate the implementation of HACT (Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers) procedures in line with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Ensure project implementation is in compliance with UNDP Rules and Regulations.
- Stakeholder and Partnership Engagement:
- Assist in coordinating meetings with stakeholders including governmental officials, private sector, NGOs and the local community.
- Actively seek the engagement and participation of women and youth throughout the implementation of the project.
- Support implementing partners capacity and promote interlinkages amongst partners in alignment with the project objectives and vision.
- Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation:
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals, inception reports, workplans, donor progress reports, and impact reports for the project.
- Draft monthly workplans, minutes of meetings, field visit reports and factsheets.
- Document lessons learned, best practices and success stories to contribute to learning.
- Monitor project implementation against the established indicators in coordination with the RBM Team.
- Work closely with implementing partners, project stakeholders, relevant clusters, and communities at the field level.
- Support the development of communication and visibility materials in coordination with implementing partners and UNDP’s communication team.
- Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
The Project Coordinator will function under the guidance of the Programme Analyst and the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Supervisory duties N/A
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Business Direction and Strategy:
Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one's authority, area of expertise and resources
Negotiation and Influence: Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates ‘win-win’ situations
Knowledge Facilitation: Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
Look for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide
Networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts, and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other
Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Experience:
Min. Education requirements:
High School Diploma required or; Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Health, Social Sciences, or a related field will be given due consideration.
Min. years of relevant work experience:
Minimum 7 years with High School diploma or 4 years with bachelor's degree of experience in project coordination.
- Proven experience in dealing with local governments, NGOs, and, bilateral and multilateral donors
- Experience in results-based management
- Excellent use of project management software and Microsoft applications
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures would be an asset.
Previous experience with international (public or private sector) organizations is desirable.
Fluency in both English and Arabic languages is required
المسمى الوظيفي Project Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 01 - Oct - 2022
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 7 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
IPR Programme Manager
Head of Experimentation
JAIP Project Manager
National Public Information Officer
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Data Entry and Administrative Support
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة