Position Title Project Coordinator (Full-time) منسق/ة مشروع: المنصب
Location Gaza Strip غزة
Report to Executive manager المدير التنفيذي: المسؤول المباشر
Project Duration 10-month, starting date: Aug 2022
تبدأ من 08/2022 مدة المشروع 10 شهرا
PFI was established in 1999 as a private sector institution, as well as national institution that represents the industrial sector in Palestine through specialized industrial federations. The PFI follows the law of the Palestinian Federation of Industries and specialized industrial unions No (2) for the year 2006. The main role of the General Union is to qualify and train members, represent them effectively and defend their interests, develop effective policies to promote the industrial sector and developing the local economy. PFI has a mission to support the Palestinian national industries and protect them against dumping and unfair competition through the following tools: Development of the national industries by orienting domestic and foreign investments and introducing modern industrial systems. Regulating of industrial activity in accordance with the type of industrial production through specialized unions and provide them with the necessary support. Endeavor to raise the competitiveness of the national industrial products.
PFI, in partnership with UNDP, will start a project entitled “Gaza Early Recovery Programme” on first-July 2022 and for a period of 12 months. The project will be implemented in collaboration with and the support of the UNDP. This has become a challenge for the in Gaza economy. urgent measures and interventions were necessary to strengthen the ecosystem and the continuity of providing the services to the public. Also, it aims to provide Gazans directly affected by the latest conflict with access to dignified short-term jobs and income-generating opportunities, to help restore and stabilize their livelihoods.
Therefore, PFI is looking for a competent and experienced project coordinator to work on the project. The project coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the project activities, rendering timely support for the project team, coordinating and liaising with partners including the project partner (UNDP). The project coordinator should work in compliance with PFI values, rules, and regulations. He/she will work under the direct supervision of PFI Executive manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the business plan for the project in cooperation with the staff and the partner institution and supervise its implementation and management.
- Implementation, management and all activities of the project in cooperation with the project staff and all relevant entities in accordance with the activities and budget of the project.
- Preparing and writing the periodic and final reports of the project in Both Arabic and English in accordance with the requirements of the project's funders and partner institutions.
- Follow-up contracts of employees of the facilities participating in the project. Follow-up with the partner institution steps the project and ensure that the activities of the project are carried out in accordance with the required conditions and criteria.
- Ensure the proper and quality preparation and organization for the field visits by the project partners and prepare presentations on project progress.
- Represent PFI in meetings with the project partners and provide feedback that would help PFI and partners make the rights decisions.
- Field visits to supervise and monitor activities carried out by the team.
- Review the financial and administrative reports of the project and follow up the project budget.
- Participating in project evaluation activities.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to him/her.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, business administration, public administration, or relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with international development projects and programs, especially funded by UN organizations.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in TVET, wage and self-employment programs.
- High proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated leadership and strong management skills, experience managing multidisciplinary development programs and budgets.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
- Work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) and knowledge management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and presentation in Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills, MS office, MS Project, Excel functions and PowerPoint
- Be knowledgeable about the Palestinian local government sector.
- Be highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations and meet deadlines.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and able to make sound judgments.
- Advance computer literacy.
- Strong team management and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding and commitment to PFI core values and principles.
The candidates should submit their resume with English cover letter by email to [email protected] not later than 10 Aug 2022. (Email should be titled with “position title”).