Job Title Project Coordinator
Organizational Unit / Duty Station Swedish Red Cross, Ramallah, with field visits in-country
Immediate Supervisor’s Title Swedish Red Cross Country Representative
Technical Manager’s Title Programme Coordinator (Stockholm), Thematic Advisors (Stockholm), Regional Finance Coordinator (Beirut), SRC
Overall objective of the position To support the smooth implementation of the Sustainable National Societies and Resilient Communities (SNSRC) project in Palestine while ensuring that the implementation of the project is led by, and own by, Palestine Red Crescent Society.
Desired starting date: 15 of April 2022
Contract period 8 months, with the possibility of extension
Generic Job Description
The Swedish Red Cross & Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) are looking to recruit a Project Coordinator to coordinate the Sustainable National Societies and Resilient Communities (SNSRC) project in Palestine and support Palestine Red Crescent Society to implement the project, with close support from the SRC Country Representative.
The Project Coordinator (PC) is expected to support the smooth implementation of the Sustainable National Societies and Resilient Communities (SNSRC) project while ensuring that the implementation of the project is led by, and owned by, PRCS.
The Project Coordinator is expected to provide support, coaching, and practical recommendations to the PRCS in the implementation of the Sustainable National Societies and Resilient Communities (SNSRC) project. He/she is further expected to coordinate support from additional SRC technical resources to PRCS. The PC is also responsible for ensuring adherence to back-donor requirement and internal requirements as well as to ensure that the project contributes to the overall objectives of the global programme as well as the strategic priorities of the PRCS.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support PRCS to narratively and financially design, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate community resilience activities in targeted communities
- Support PRCS to identify capacity development needs at national level and support the National Society to identify and implement activities to address the needs
- Support selected branches of the PRCS to assess their capacity development needs and develop plans to address these needs as well as to support and monitor the implementation of the plans
- Support PRCS in recruitment process related to the project
- Support the procurement of annual audits and ensure that they are being completed on time
- Undertake regular on-site monitoring of project activities through field visits, interviews and other monitoring methods and tools, as relevant
- Undertake budget/financial monitoring, as needed;
- Checking eligibility of project costs
- Reviewing financial reports
- Reviewing transaction lists
- Reviewing cash requests
- Ensure that agreed procedures for procurement and fleet are followed and that supporting documents are in accordance with SRC requirements
- Report on the project as required
- Ensuring compliance with the back donors’ requirements and SRC internal requirements
- Capture learnings at country-level and contribute to cross-learning between the five different countries
- Coordinate SRC’s technical support to the National Society as part of the project
- Participate in coordination meetings in-country and within SRC
- Maintain and consolidate working relationships with the PRCS, within the wider RCRC Movement and with external stakeholders as needed.
- Represent SRC in-country as requested by the SRC Country Representative
- Respect SRC’s security regulation for Palestine
- Carry out any other relevant task assigned by the SRC Country Representative
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Relevant academic degree in social sciences, development studies, business management or related field
At least 2 years relevant working experience in managing humanitarian or development programmes
Experience in planning, monitoring, learning, evaluation and reporting
Experience of project budgeting and financial reporting
Experience of procurement
Experience in organisational development and/or capacity building
Experience in Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA)
Experience of working with Protection, Gender and Inclusion (PGI), Volunteer Management and/or Green Response
Experience of working within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
Knowledge and Skills
Good computer skills (Microsoft package; excel, word, powerpoint etc)
Ability to train and coach others
Positive attitude and able to work in a team and respect opinions of others
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Well organized, efficient with excellent attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, take initiatives, and solve problems.
Ability to build excellent working relationships with internal and external partners and maintain good relationships.
Awareness and understanding of cultural and gender differences, and able to work constructively in culturally diverse environments
Must be able to handle high workloads and stressful circumstances
Commitment to the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles and values.
Must be willing and able to travel in-country and to other countries as needed
Proficient knowledge of written and spoken English
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters (in English only) with the subject “Project Coordinator-SNSRC” to [email protected] no later than 22/03/2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.