Position: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: EEP Technical Advisor
Duration: 22 months
Location: Bethlehem & Hebron
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
QADER for Community Development is a non-profit organization based in Bethlehem and operating in Palestine since 2008. QADER focuses on the empowerment and inclusion of persons with disabilities through influencing public policies, developing capacities of relevant stakeholders, promoting public awareness and inclusive community practices, and enhancing economic participation of PwD.
Within its Economic Empowerment Program, QADER is implementing the “Prosperity & Advancement for Young Women and Youth with Disabilities (SALALEM)” project in partnership with Catholic Relief Services as the lead implementing organization and with the funding of The Government of Canada. “SALALEM” is an innovative, five-year project that focuses on improving the skills and professional networks of young women and youth with disabilities, enabling them to enter and remain in the labor market. This project further seeks to build support from key influencers at home, workplace, and the community; create an enabling environment in which young women and youth with disabilities realize increased agency and self-reliance. Through SALALEM, young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank will become better prepared for jobs, and opportunities to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities. QADER is implementing the project in the West Bank and focusing on youth with disabilities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Coordinator is responsible for planning and ensuring effective and timely implementation of activities of the project, and that beneficiaries, employers, and other stakeholders are identified and engaged in timely fashion, in addition to supporting the implementation of activities of the project as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP).
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and provide needed support and oversight to the field team throughout the implementation of field activities of the project, and ensure implementation schedules are met as per the DIP, while maintaining adherence to QADER and CRS systems for quality project management.
- Provide support to the field team in liaising with key stakeholders for identifying potential beneficiaries among PwD, ensure that eligibility criteria and selection process and methodology are satisfied, and ensure field visits to candidate beneficiaries are conducted upon need and timely fashion, while ensuring compliance with documentation and reporting procedures and requirements.
- Provide support to the field team for liaison with potential employers among private sector enterprises, civil society organizations and local authorities for job placements / internships / apprenticeship of beneficiaries.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of social and behavior change communication (SBCC) activities in close collaboration with the project team.
- Coordinate and provide needed support for the implementation of workplace improvement interventions at selected host employers, and ensure quality standards and requirements are satisfied.
- Coordinate and provide needed support for the liaison with various community stakeholders and ensure mobilization and involvement of community leaders and community representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Provide support to the project team for the development of communication materials, advocacy, preparation of position papers, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, production of awareness materials, etc.
- Support the documentation of learnings and innovations promoted by QADER, CRS, partners and other actors in the field of economic empowerment (lessons learned, best practices, methodologies, approaches, success stories, etc.)
- Draft reports and maintain up to date record of the project implementation progress, challenges and learning.
- Support the project’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) activities and ensure adherence to QADER’s and CRS’s systems and procedures.
- Support the launching of and monitoring to professional networking activities implemented by the SALALEM’s Alumni Forum.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum BA in business administration, social sciences, or any other related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, with at least 2 years of relevant experience in livelihoods and economic empowerment projects. Previous experience in working with youth with disabilities is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in livelihoods, youth economic empowerment. Experience in labor market inclusion of PwD is a plus.
- Demonstrated high team spirit with previous experience in managing / coordinating teamwork and team effort.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement
- Demonstrated Experience in advocacy, and social behavior change communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent coordination and networking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with good command of spoken and written English language
- Proficiency in using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Interested candidates may apply and submit their CVs/Resumes in addition to a Cover Letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) in PDF form via QADER's online application form HERE. Deadline for applying for this post is 15:00 PM, Saturday 11/12/2021
“QADER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities, women, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek QADER’s support on the application process where additional accommodation is required”
Shall you need any support on the application process, please communicate with us via phone: 02-2749767