Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent Organization, founded in Middle governorate - Gaza Strip in 2000. POD works toward social-economic development to perform positive changes in the human life.
POD in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) starts a program entitled “Envision Gaza 2020”, USAID-funded project, to implement two key activities which aims: (1) to support Palestinian families in Gaza become more resilient to everyday stresses and rebound more quickly from crises, including COVID-19, and (2) Connecting unemployed participants with on-the-job training opportunities with host employers. This includes 3-month unskilled or low-skilled workers placements and/or 4-month internships or apprenticeships for skilled university or vocational graduates, respectively.
As a result, POD intends to recruit for the following position:
Project Coordinator (PC)
Title: Project Coordinator (PC) - Full-Time
Place: POD Office, Deir Al Balah
Period: 6 months
Reports to: Project Manager (PM)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Administrative and technical implementation and follow up of the program activities;
- Supervision of technical and professional staff involved in the program activities that fall within his/her responsibility;
- Ensure that all program activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to donor’s rules and regulations;
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of the activities on the ground;
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by POD and donor in consultation with the Program Manager;
- Assist the Program Manager in monitoring and evaluating the program by reporting to donor on the program deliverables;
- Contribute to the development of new program ideas in the field of work;
- Document all activities of the program and maintain an efficient program filing system including all program related documents;
- Perform any other tasks required by the Project Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related field;
- Three years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working with NGO's;
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance;
- Professional level in both Arabic and English language skills;
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application:
Applicants have to sign in using their preferred Gmail account.
- Deadline for submitting applications, 04:00 PM, Saturday, 2-OCT-2021.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.