The Arab Hotel Association (AHA) is non-profit, officially registered organization representing Palestinian hotels throughout the Holy Land and assisting other related tourism associations in Palestine. Its mission is to represent Palestinian member hotels and to ensure that our members are having the environment to evolve and to open opportunities based on strategic priorities of the hospitality industry in the fields of finance, technical assistance, policy management and marketing service.
The YWCA of Jerusalem is a membership-based women organization registered locally as a non-governmental organization. The YWCA works under four main thematic areas: Women's Economic Development, Women’s Rights Programs, Youth Leadership, Training and Civic Engagement as well as Children Education and Cognitive Learning
Currently AHA and YWCA Jerusalem are implementing a project called: Building the capacity of youth in Jerusalem to participate in attracting tourism and providing hospitality services within the context of the pandemic. This program is part of Skilled Young Palestine (SYP) project, implemented by the Ministry of Labor and the Belgian development agency – Enabel funded by the Government of Belgium”.
Under the project of Skilled young Palestinian funded by the Belgian development agency -Enabel
The main specific objectives of the project are:
- Building the technical capacity of 20 young people in Jerusalem in the hospitality sector (hotel reception and facilities), and preparing them for employment, considering the COVID-19 Health and Safety requirements
- Upgrading the capacity and skills of 20 young people who have worked in the tourism business with the new guidelines and procedures to ensure health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic
AHA and YWCA of Jerusalem are seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position title: Project Coordinator
Contract period: 12 months.
Location: Bethlehem & East Jerusalem.
Starting date: 10 May 2021
Major Duties include:
- Responsible for accomplishing project goal, objectives & outputs required within the project
- Ensure the proper implementation of the detailed plan for the project.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget and ensuring that spending is according to plan.
- Responsible for the proper documentation of the project activities
- Arrange for different meetings with stakeholders and partners.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports
- Representing AHA-YWCA Jerusalem in relevant clusters/ meetings as needed
- Work closely with the team
- Other duties as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA with at least 5 years’ experience in Development, Economics, Project Management, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Working Experience within the NGO sector in similar positions.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordination
- Jerusalem ID
- Excellent Report writing in English and Arabic
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritizes workload, and multi-task.
- Computer (MS-Office including MS-Project)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient skills in project cycle management
- Working within a team
All interested candidates should send a detailed CV and a cover letter in English. The cover letter should include the applicant's expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy.
Please specify the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email
Please send CVs and cover letters to AHA- YWCA Jerusalem at:
Email: [email protected]
Applications must be received no later than 03/5/2021 by end of day.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.