YOUTH EMPOWERMENT AND EMPLOYABILITY PROJECT
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Coordinate and manage a youth employability and empowerment programme that focuses on improving the livelihood of and empower marginalized youth in West Bank and Gaza Strip of Palestine through quality education and capacity building.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Coordinate project implementation according to donor requirements including monitoring and reporting (both narrative progress reporting and financial reporting);
- Initiate and coordinate project activities in coordination and liaison with Programme staff in Bethlehem and the Gaza Strip;
- Identifying suitable solutions and opportunities for youth (target beneficiairies) in co-operation with National Programmes Director, Programme Director, Youth Teams and Social workers in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip;
- Match and align project activities according to agreement with donor and in liaison with current projects taking place in both lcoaitons;
- Build, manage and mantaing a youth empowerment and employability actors network, present SOS and ensure proper planning for the network meetings according to results of assessments;
- Regular communication with the project partners (give regular management updates, inform on next steps, remind of deadlines and tasks, etc.)
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. local partners, internal units, Palestinian Government Offices, CBOs and external partners such as embassies, governments, development agencies, NGO-platforms, etc.) and participate in stakeholder meetings and forums;
- Contribute to improving relevant systems, processes, tools and methods to better integrate requirements arising from the youth empowerment team in Bethlehem and the Gaza Strip
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in project cycle management and budget control;
- At least bachelor degree in business administration, social work, education, human rights, or development studies;
- Ability to manage data collection through multiple forms including but not limited to: surveys, focus groups discussions; and interviews with beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Work experience and training on youth empowerment and rights of people is an asset;
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to combine field and office work;
- Exceptional English and Arabic reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by the 22nd of November, 2020
Stating in the subject line: Project Coordinator
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.