Position Title: project Coordinator.
Position Type: full Time
Duration: 9 months.
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to contribute to the economic growth by activating and motivating labour market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating sustained job opportunities.
The PFESP is seeking a qualified, experienced, results-oriented candidate for the following position:
Project Coordinator (9 Months contract with possible extension)
PFESP is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to conduct the activities and supervise the implementation of the project “Employment Generation for Young Gazan Women” which implemented by PFESP Gaza and funded by the UNDP/PAPP in order to achieve the desired results within the set time frames. In addition to monitoring of project activities implementation, ensuring high work quality in the field, proper project documentation and accurate impact-based reporting, monitoring and evaluation. Maintain the project’s compliance with PFESP & UNDP policies and procedures, including those of administration, procurement and finance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow up and ensure the timely implementation of different activities per the approved action plan and related project documents.
- Provide quality control during the implementation of projects to ensure compliance with PFESP and donor’s requirements and conduct meetings and site visits as needed.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the project through preparing project implementation plan and providing adequate following up for the project activities.
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, monitoring & evaluation, resources, budgeting, risks and issues.
- Prepare and evaluate all issues related to HR including staff and trainer’s recruitment.
- Manage financial issues and, financial reports in compliance with donor’s regulations.
- Lead the project team and ensure team coherence and motivation and well cooperation.
- Evaluation and monitoring of project progress at all stages of the project.
- Hold staff meetings regularly towards monitoring progress.
- Manage and undertake publicity campaigns for the activities of the project
- Assist in preparing project narrative progress and final reports.
- Undertake field coordination with the target groups committed to the successful implementation of the overall project activities.
- Setting activities' targets and assisting in developing a strategy for the project sustainability.
- Preparing the project procurement plan
- Develop draft proposals, progress and final reports based on team meetings and discussions.
- Organize workshops and public meetings and prepare presentations
- Prepare various project documents including offers, proposals and agreements.
- Follow-up the TVET target groups and trainees coaching and the other activities of the project.
- Draft projects’ documents including policy papers, project design and implementation, action plans, ToRs, indicators, procurement plans, progress reports and proposals and ensure proper delivery of technical services and submission of technical and other reports.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, missions and other activities related to the implemented projects.
- Coordinate with PFESP divisions related to program implementation issues such as, reporting, capacity building, and other cross cutting issues.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with stakeholders (Donors, MFIs, NGOs, CBOs, Government)
- Participate in designing the required training plans and materials and provide open source documents for the T.S department.
- Facilitate target groups meetings.
- Conduct need assessments and studies according to the needs of every project.
- Carry out field visits and activities according to the needs to provide technical and logistical assistance for the beneficiaries to provide consultations to tackle any problems facing their businesses, based on their business plans.
- Participate in developing technical assistance mechanisms for beneficiaries in business, self-employment and entrepreneurships sector.
- Cooperate with Financial department particularly in procurement and bids procedures.
- Implement any other tasks as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master degree in planning, engineering, business administration, public administration, or relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with international development projects and programs, especially funded by UN organizations and/or EU.
- High proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated leadership and strong management skills, experience managing multidisciplinary development programs and budgets.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
- Experience in TVET, wage and self-employment programs.
- Work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) and knowledge management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and presentation in Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills, MS office, MS Project, Excel functions and PowerPoint
- Be knowledgeable about the Palestinian local government sector.
- Be highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations and meet deadlines.
- Consummate team player, able to thrive in an international, multi-cultural environment
- High degree of flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details
- Willingness to do what it takes to “get the job done” to a high standard
- Low tolerance for unmet expectations
- Manages frustration and stressful situations with ease and maintains a good sense of humor
- Ability to motivate people around the achievement of goals
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter no later than August 12th , 2020 to the following email:
Please indicate the position title in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.