Location: Gaza City
Position: Project Coordinator
Duration: 6 months, with possibility to extension
Reports to: Projects Manager
Social Developmental Forum is a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) operating in Palestine, established in 2006 as an initiative of a group of young activities. SDF seeks to build a professional model that can better invest in the available resources and capacities to offer community services. The Forum has been working to achieve a developmental vision, adopting a holistic approach based on respect for human rights, the law and civil values.
SDF works with different targeted groups, mainly youth and persons with disabilities and implements a group of projects in three main programs: Civil Empowerment and Human Rights, Socio-economic Empowerment, Media and communication. In this regard, SDF is looking for an enthusiastic and positive individual, qualified to join our team and works as a project coordinator within the projects’ unit, we are waiting for a person who is ready to join a distinguished and dynamic work team, able to add his/her own touch and passionate about working in the youth sector and community awareness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective implementation of work plans that ensures the project outcomes and outputs are aligned with the project proposal.
- Undertake day to day management of the project, including smooth project implementation, efficient use of resources.
- Supervise and mentor the project team to ensure effective, efficient and timely implementation of the project and support an environment of learning for staff within the project.
- Produce timely reports as required by the SDF and donor reporting systems.
- Develop Terms of Reference for project services/experts and ensure proper delivery of technical services.
- Supervise the visibility, publication and media products in coordination with media unit.
- Supervise and work closely with the community members and stockholders to ensure efficient and effective implementation process.
- Ensure the proper documentation of the project activities and develop the necessary forms and records to ensure the smooth and timely sharing of information.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies
- A bachelor degree in business administration, development studies, media, or related fields.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in NGOs.
- Experience of working with youth, and persons with disabilities.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Strong understanding of concepts, issues and techniques related to community engagement, social development, local governance and outreach and advocacy campaigns.
- High skills in reporting and demonstration of experience in practicing conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Strong communication skills and networking abilities with a wide range of institutions and diverse community groups
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet, social media platforms and e-mail);
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic
Note: SDF supports gender equality and discrimination, so we highly encourage qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the job.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV compatible with three references (in English) no later than 26 January 2020 at 16:00 (Local time) to the email [email protected] indicating the position (Project Coordinator) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.