Position: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Project Manager
Contract length: 24 months with 3 months probation period
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN is implementing a project titled “Supporting sustainable and inclusive growth in the Palestinian territory through digital inclusion” and is seeking a competent and highly qualified project coordinator to work in its office in Ramallah. The coordinator will work under the direct supervision of MA’ANs Project Manager.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of detailed and effective project actions plans.
- Execute the project according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Work closely with universities and CBOs in the WB to support the smooth implementation of the project activities in accordance with the project action plan and scope of work
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results
- Write regular progress reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Attend meetings and workshops on behalf of MA'AN Development Center with the project partners and stakeholders and prepare relevant meeting minutes and reports to be shared with the project team
- Schedule and plan meetings, conduct research, write and edit TORs, prepare PowerPoint presentations, participate in planning meetings, and complete other administrative duties.
- Conduct regular field visits and discussion meetings with partners and key stakeholders to assess the project progress according to the set plans and collect anecdotal evidence and success stories from the field to inform project monitoring and implementation.
- Provide regular feedback to the direct supervisor regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs.
- Follow up with consultancy firms and trainers during the delivery of the consultancy services and collect data from the field to ensure that consultancy services are being delivered according to the TOR and agreement.
- Collaborate with other departments at MA'AN to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the project activities through ensuring the smooth flow of information and timely coordination.
- Implement other tasks and duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- A Bachelors degree in business administration, entrepreneurship, international development or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of employment in the field of projects management
- At least 3 years of experience working with CSOs’or universities’ incubators and accelerators in the WB in the field of digital entrepreneurship.
- Good Knowledge and experience in the digital sector
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with MA’AN Core Values
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to [email protected]
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission must be delivered before Monday 27 May 2019 at 04:00 PM