Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and Development and Peace Canada (D&P) is in the process to start implementation of the SAFER HOMES: Shelter Rehabilitation and NFIs project, funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The objective of the project is to provide rehabilitation assistance to 300 households living in substandard conditions in Khan Younis governorate-prioritizing 60 female headed households-with an option to purchase essential NFIs. The project features a gender-responsive approach where each household is accompanied by a gender-balanced intern team throughout the rehabilitation process.
Within this project Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Coordinator – Full time
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Executive Director (ED).
Period: 10 Months
- The PC will be responsible for the overall management of the project, ensuring that project activities are up to quality standards and in line with timing of the detailed implantation plan
- Assisting in managing the performance of the project staff in the administrative and professional levels
- Follow up with project staff developments of activities.
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to donor’s rules and regulations.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of the activities on the ground.
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by Bayader and donor in consultation with the ED.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the program by reporting to donor on the program deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of new project ideas in the field of work.
- Document all activities of the project and maintain an efficient project filing system including all project related documents.
- Participate in planning and implementation for data collection for all project activities
- Document project success stories
- Keep tracking the financial expenses within the project budget
- Perform any other tasks required by the ED related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering.
- Five years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working with NGO's.
- Proven experience in similar position (project coordinator)
- Experience managing staff
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Professional level in both Arabic and English language skills.
- Strong reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office Suite: Word and Excel).
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis governorate.
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to the following email:
- Cover letter.
- The most recent CV including 2 professional contacts as references.
Kindly state in the email subject “Project Coordinator”, any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered.
Deadline for submitting applications is 03:00 PM, April 20, 2019.
Bayader is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written exam. Only selected nominees who pass the exam will be interviewed.