Project Coordinator of Food Security and Development Department
Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries' number over 30,000 individuals from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Coordinator of Food security, Livelihoods, and Development Department.
Contract Period: 12 months contract, with possibility of extension(s)
Location: Zababdeh – Jenin
Starting date: No later than 1st March 2018
Project Coordinator’s role
The Food Security, Livelihoods and Development (FSL&D) project coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of FSL&D activities, as well as ensuring adherence to Caritas Jerusalem and donor guidelines and standards. The project coordinator reports to the FSL&D head of department.
• Assists in coordinating all phases “initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation, and closure” of FSL&D projects. This includes data collection and analysis needed to design projects.
• Conducts field visits, attends meetings and project activities and follow up projects activities on regular basis.
• Participates in drafting projects documents such as official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and schedules.
• Writes and submits the required reports related to the implemented projects
• Attends department meetings and writes the minutes of meetings.
• Participates in the organizations main activities including strategic planning process and department operational planning.
• Organizing and follow-up of the plan of activities.
• Responsible of the monitoring of the set-up M&E plan.
• Supervising the general quality and coherence of the action’s outputs.
• Perform the dialogue between all parties involved in the project implementation in relation with the Head of FS Department in Jerusalem.
Required education and competencies:
Candidates must possess the following:
• Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development, Business Administration or other related field.
• Minimum of one and maximum of three years of similar experience in NGO’s.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft package.
• Good communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
• Demonstrates good time management skills.
• Great attention to detail and a result driven approach.
• Reliable and trustworthy.
• Excellent Arabic and English skills speaking, reading and writing.
• Candidates must have a valid Driving license.
• Candidates will invest good portion of their time travelling around Jenin governorate.
Please note that candidates with the minimum and maximum (1- 3) years of experience and meet the other above mentioned requirements will be short listed and invited to a job interview.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to
and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, February 09th , 2018, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email .