Job Title: Project Assistant
Reports to (Hierarchically): Senior Project Officer
Reports to (Functional): Work closely with the Finance Manager, MEAL Officer, and other team members.
Salary level: Grade 2 – Level 1
Working time in %: 60% = 24 hours per week
Supervises (Number of subordinates): Non.
Work location (Country + city): Gaza -Palestine
Job Duration: 8 months with the possibility of extension, depending on funding
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) Lausanne is a leading organization worldwide on child rights and has been supporting child protection, humanitarian assistance and access to justice programming in Palestine since 1973, working for 50 years with local partners, communities, families, children and youth.
Currently, under a project funded by the Humanitarian Fund entitled” “Enhancing the protection of vulnerable children and adults in the Gaza Strip through the provision of integrated services” in partnership with five national NGOs across the Gaza Strip. The project aims to enhance access to essential protection and education services for vulnerable people, particularly children with child protection concerns and GBV survivors in the Gaza Strip. Under the above project, Tdh is seeking to hire a project assistant. The project assistant will support the senior project manager in ensuring the provision of high-quality services and best use of the Project resources.
- Supporting the Senior Project Officer to ensure the project implementation is in line with its planned outputs, indicators set and timeframe.
- Working closely with the Senior Project Officer to ensure provision of quality services to project beneficiaries.
- Supporting the Senior Project Officer in supervising the project progress to ensure that issues and challenges related to the project are identified and sorted.
- Jointly with the Senior Project Officer, regularly review and update the project follow-up template.
- Conducting regular field visits to project partners.
- Participating in collecting the needed information/ necessary for reporting.
- Support the Senior Project Officer to monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently.
- Performing any other duties requested by the line manager.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Participate in various assessment exercises related to local partners.
- Support in creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Facilitate regular monitoring of the timely implementation of all activities in the project areas based on the MEAL plan.
- Support in ensuring proper documentation and archiving of the project information related to sub-grants setting up and maintaining grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal documentation.
- Ensure compliance to Accountability to population measures and full functioning of community feedback mechanism.
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the aforementioned policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non-Tdh employees.
Security and safeguarding
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Understands and applies security policies, the Child Safeguarding Policy and fraud prevention policies.
- Respect Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA, Gender and Diversity Policy of Tdh and other institu-tional policies.
- Participate in the organization of launching and closing events.
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC) In particular:
1. Shows determination and proactivity.
2. Shows flexibility, availability and adaptability.
3. Master’s the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
4. Facilitate producing high-quality reports.
As well as the following specific “professional” competencies:
1. To demonstrate commitment to Tdh’s Socio-Cultural Values.
2. Committed and self-motivated.
3. Communicates in a clear concise and responsible way
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
- University degree or another advanced degree in business administration, or social science, education, or other relevant degree in line with the position responsibilities
- Ability to present the organization on technical and functional issues according to the department goals.
- Strong organizational and monitoring skills.
- Familiar in project cycle management, detailed knowledge of concepts, processes and tools, and experience in leading participative processes.
- Awareness and knowledge of ethical issues related to project management: gender equality, fairness, disability inclusion and do no harm.
- Valid driving license with no restrictions.
- Proficiency of English & Arabic languages is required.
- Excellent Computer literate (proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Windows)
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position with INGO.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter in English and should be sent to the following e-mail address indicating the position title: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is August 24, 2023, at 04:00 pm.
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment to child security and protection.
- The subject of the email should clearly state: Job application- Project Assistant