Position: Project Assistant
Contract duration: 4 Months
Starting Date ASAP
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory in May 2007, through food security interventions in the West Bank and then in Gaza. ACTED is currently implementing projects funded among others by ECHO, OCHA, EU Member States and EuropeAid, which aim to protect vulnerable households in the West Bank and Gaza and to strengthen civil society actors across the occupied Palestinian territory.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Project Assistant for its operations in Gaza.
- Assists the Projects officers and /or project Supervisor and all the team to achieve the assigned activities (including activities indicator) within the timeline.
- Ensure field work complies with project working plan and timeframe.
- Participate in Preparing the project documents (including periodical reports, BoQ's, monitoring forms and attendance sheets, etc.)
- Assist the project supervisor in establishing/maintaining beneficiary database with up-to-date information and tracking of beneficiaries’ progress and challenges.
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
- Support the supervision of Shelter/WASH projects’ activities implemented within partner’s premises for quality and report and encountered challenge to project supervisor.
- Reporting of field activities to Project Supervisor (data entry, materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
- Support organization of the meetings, trainings and awareness sessions with the beneficiaries, and in collaboration with local partners.
- Additional tasks may be requested from the employee within the scope of the project framework.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in any of the following: civil engineering, social sciences, environmental engineering, or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in working and following up implementation of emergency and livelihoods interventions in the Gaza Strip
- Knowledge in humanitarian/emergency and/or development programming is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and intermediate level in English.
- Very good knowledge in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Valid Driving license (with clean record) is compulsory.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (in English) no later than 7th September ,2022 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Project Assistant) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .