Generic Function: Specialised employee/Assistant
JobTitle: Project Assistant
Reports to (Hierarchically): Head of Gaza office
Salary level: Grade 2 – Level 1
Working time in % : 100% = 40h per week, from Sunday to Thursday
Supervises (Number of subordinates): None
Work location (Country + city): Gaza- Palestine
Duration: 7 months
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading worldwide reference on child protection, which accumulates over 40 years of experience in the Palestinian context. Tdh aims at contributing to developing and improving child protection systems, including within the humanitarian sector. Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research, and quality and ac-countability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children. Responding to the last escalation in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, Tdh implements humanitarian response interventions including provision of protection and food security components. Tdh is implementing a child protection project with Beit Lahia Development Organization that aims to provide education and protection services to vulnerable children in Gaza North. The pproject assistant will be organizing and monitoring all the activities related to the project implementation. The project assistant will ensure provision of high-quality services and best use of the Project resources.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
- In charge of daily follow-up for monthly and weekly planning of activities.
- Ensure the project implementation is in line with its planned outputs, indicators set and timeframe.
- Provides administrative and operation support on implementation of project.
- Conduct regular field visits to relevant communities and stakeholders.
- Ensures that all needed information/figures necessary for reporting are well tracked and recorded.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented on a timely and quality manner in accordance with standards.
- Regularly compiles project reports as per agreed reporting schedule and the format of reporting.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Assist in reviewing and updating project work plan, including implementing partner work plan.
- Assist in the monthly project report, field visits reports and weekly plans on time.
- Perform any other duties requested by the Head of Gaza.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Participate in various assessment exercise related to local partners.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Regularly monitor the timely implementation of all activities in the project areas based on the MEAL plan.
- Ensure proper documentation and archiving of the project information related to sub-grants setting up and maintaining of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal documentation.
- Ensure compliance to Accountability to population measures and full functioning of community feedback mechanism.
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the aforementioned policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
Security and safeguarding
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
- Understands and applies security policies, the Child Safeguarding Policy and fraud prevention policies
- Respect Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA, Gender and Diversity Policy of Tdh and other institutional policies.
- Participate in the organization of launching and closing events.
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
1. Shows determination and proactivity.
2. Shows flexibility, availability and adaptability.
3. Communicates in a clear concise and responsible way.
4. Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
5. Produce high quality reports
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
- University degree or another advanced degree in business administration, or social science or other relevant degree in line with the position responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position with an (I)NGO.
- Ability to present the organization on technical and functional issues according to the department goals.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency of English & Arabic languages is required.
- Expertise in project cycle management, detailed knowledge of concepts, processes and tools, and experience in leading participative processes.
- Awareness and knowledge of ethical issues related to project management: gender equality, fairness and do no harm.
- Valid driving license with no restrictions.
Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter in English and should be sent to the following e-mail address indicating the position title: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
Deadline for applications is January 4, 2022 at 04:00 pm.
Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
The subject of the email should clearly state: Job application- Project Assistant