Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries' number over 30,000 individuals from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit www.caritasjr.org.
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a qualified candidate for the following position for Caritas Jerusalem:
Position Title: Project Assistant
Position Type: Full time
Contract Period: 12 months contract, with the possibility of extension(s)
Starting date: ASAP
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of activities, as well as ensuring adherence to Caritas Jerusalem and donor guidelines and standards.
- Assists in coordinating all phases “initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation, and closure projects. This includes data collection and analysis needed to design projects.
- Conducts field visits, attends meetings and project activities and follows up projects’ activities on regular basis.
- Participates in drafting project documents such as official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and schedules.
- Writes and submits the required reports related to the implemented projects.
- Attends meetings and writes the minutes of meetings.
- Participates in the organization's main activities including strategic planning process and department operational planning.
- Organizing and follow-up of the plan of activities.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the set-up M&E plan.
- Supervising the general quality and coherence of the action’s outputs.
- Perform the dialogue between all parties involved in the project implementation to the Head of Department.
- Frequent visits to Gaza Strip
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Good spoken and written English.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or any other related field.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- At least two years' experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected], and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by May the 09th 2021 no later than 04:00 pm, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.